ASUS BIOs A8N32 SLI Deluxe MB Question

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by Rumphf, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Rumphf

Rumphf MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2007
    #1 Rumphf, Oct 15, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
    Hi, I bought this MB and don't know the first step on how to flash the 1405 BIOs (A8N32-SLI-ASUS-Deluxe-1405.ROM). I tried a BIOs (1205) update already and now can't even get the computer to start up to windows at present. It just turns on and shuts down shortly after.

I guess I need to create a WIN XP boot disk and then copy this BIOs file onto it right? Is there a jumper or way to clear the memory of what I've already flashed (CMOS Clear jumper)?

Need help! Totally confused at present. Usually I'm pretty computer savy, but lately I've hit rock bottom.

Thanks,
    Rumphfy

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Why have you updated your bios? You shouldn't underestimate to flash a bios.

Consult your manual! Usually there is a jumper on board which allows to clear Cmos. BUT it only clears CMOS / RTC. Your already flashed code stays untouched.

Read carefully BEFORE you try to flash a bios. Hope you didn't brick it!

Yen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Rumphf

Rumphf MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2007
    Well I bought the MB brand new from ALienware and they installed it etc. When I received it, it would turn on and then shut down after a while. When this started, then it would shut down faster. Alienware told me that they can do nothing and that I need to send the MB to ASUS RMA dept. Recieved it back and reassembled it. It still shuts down. Was told to upgrade the BIOs, so I flashed the 1205 I believe and then saved the default settings. Since then, it turned on and shuts down shortly after. Was hoping that I could try the 1405 BIOs or anything else. Any ideas are appeciated.

Rumphfy

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #4 Yen, Oct 16, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
    So the problem persists with the second board as well. Have you bought some additional components, such as a PSU, CPU or RAM? Or have you only replaced the MB? To exclude defect new components.

It sounds to me like a incompatibility of hardware components. You can try to remove some hardware components (RAM) and PCI cards, even the fan connectors (EXCEPT CPU FAN OF COURSE ;)) and test again. Also check for not fixed cards, plugs.....
    What about CPU temperature to exclude a overheating problem of CPU? Boot into bios and watch the set temperature limit. Your board should run stable with the setup defaults loaded.

Or try another PSU. If you don't get it to work (with latest bios) the best is to buy a different board. This is the final solution. You also can search at different forums for advice. Maybe the problem is known already. You probably got a half-baked board.

Yen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...