ASUS F1A75-M PRO Motherboard Advice Request

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by dvrcthewrld, Apr 11, 2012.

Tags:
  1. dvrcthewrld

dvrcthewrld MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2010
    The board should be arriving later today, along with most other components for a new build, and I am preparing now. I highly doubt that the motherboard is shipping with the latest BIOS update, and I want it modded anyhow. This board is EFI.

I would like to update the BIOS prior to installing the OS. I intend on using EZ Flash.
    Regarding the mod, I would like to do a permanent mod using the DMI method, but that seems to be impossible without first having the OS installed. That being the case, I was going to use the Phoenix Tool 1.97 to do a Dynamic method mod of the BIOS I have downloaded from ASUS. However, I have read conflicting information regarding the need for an RW-Everything report. Also, I have received the following error when attempting to verify a certificate: "Complete SLIC (2.0) (A M I OEMSLIC ) does NOT match certificate (x1)"

At this point I'm wondering if I can ignore that message or not. I've performed a few mods successfully in the past, but I'm not sure how to proceed on this one. I appreciate the help.

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. dvrcthewrld

dvrcthewrld MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2010
    Thanks, Tito, but I am already familiar with your post. I was following it when the issue with the error message arose. Can you speak to the error message? Should I ignore it? (Again, I'm presently using the Dynamic method.)

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    1. RW report is not at all necessary.

2. You don't need to verify the cert.

:smokecowboy:

5. dvrcthewrld

dvrcthewrld MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2010
    Thanks, Tito. Hopefully everything works out.