ASUS IPIBL-LB Flash gone Wrong

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by murtaghshane, Jun 10, 2010.

1. murtaghshane

murtaghshane MDL Novice

May 24, 2010
    Hello,
    I was trying to Flash a HP machine with the IPIBL-LB Mobo manufactured from ASUS with a mod I found on here,

I used asufdos or similar naming to flash the . ROM file through DOS

it told me that writing 100% and to restart the pc

on restart, the computer wont post it has 2 Long beeps, after searching some users tryed renaming the official bios to AMIBoot.rom and put onto Cd when the computer is turned on to press Cntrl+home to force update,

However I am now hearing 3 long beeps which is noted to be change disc.

I am hoping someone has an answer for me

regards
    Shane

2. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
  3. murtaghshane

murtaghshane MDL Novice

May 24, 2010
    Hello, thanks for the reply, I am unable to complete the procedure The instructions state to use the HP tool for formatting a floppy drive, however the hp tool only allows USB's to be formatted

When using a floppy I am left with no room for bios file as the ms dos start option puts too many files on the floppy

I have created a USB boot disk per the instructions but cannot read it

could you please let me know which files I can delete from the floppy, or can i just copy everything from the usb drive to the floppy and see if that works??

has anyone have any luck with this flash before?

4. NoJuan999

Jul 31, 2009
  5. murtaghshane

murtaghshane MDL Novice

May 24, 2010
    Hello,
    thank you all for your responce, I have given up on it I have spent over 20 hours on this and it is a clients machine, I have swapped out the motherboard and have succesfully flashed that with slic 2.1 using the AMI tool, I will search later on for that slic on here and if it is not here I will add it for future use.

6. misi.vitek

misi.vitek MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2011
    Hello. I would appreciate your help. I'm little bit confused... I've got HP computer (m9450cs ... where cs is means czech republic) and i don't want to break my MBO so I need your help. I want overclock my intel core 2 quad q8200 (2,33ghz). My bios is locked and I can't overclock. So i updated my bios from official HP page, so i have latest version i think. Now i want to use that custom bios. Can you give me right link please? I downloaded some ( HP_Pavillion_Elite_M9351uk_5.43_(sp46442.exe)_HP-CPC_SLIC_2.1_SSV3).... but i don't want to destroy my MBO so I ask you for help. I don't know if i understood this correctly... I should extract this .rar for instance to my desktop and than i have to use hp usb disk storage format tool and create usb bootable? and boot from usb ? Please can you help me? I would appreciate it!!!! I have no idea how to flash it.... sorry for my english... and have a nice day! THANKS!

i almost forgot...my specs

MBO: ASUS IPIBL-LB
    CPU: intel Core 2 quad q8200 2,33ghz
    RAM: 2x 2GB (4GB) 800mhz DDR2
    GPU: ATI RADEON 4850 HD 1GB GDDR3 (reference model) at 685mhz/1125mhz

7. NoJuan999

Jul 31, 2009
    #7 NoJuan999, Dec 27, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
    Yes, extract the RAR file to ANY folder.
    Then create a Bootable USB Drive and copy the BIOS mod (543_SLIC.ROM) and AFUDOS.exe to the bootable USB.
    Then Boot from that USB Drive and flash the BIOS with this command:

AFUDOS 543_SLIC.ROM /P /N /C

Then Install the HP Certificate and OEM Key in Windows to Activate Win 7.

8. misi.vitek

misi.vitek MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2011
    #8 misi.vitek, Dec 27, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
    ok BIG THANKS for quick reply... Just last questions.. Please what is HP certificate (sorry i really don't know :D )

And will the file I downloaded work with my pc?... i posted you a name of the rar file because i'm new here, so i can't post a link.

but there is a small problem.. I've got a windows 7 oem licence but i'm currently using it on my notebook. I bought it, but didn't know that it's possible to use it only for one pc, so i'm not using legal windows... I've got windows vista, but i don't really want to use vista... I know i'm embarrased right now... I have to buy another licence..sorry.Is non-legal windows a problem?THANK YOU!! I really appreciate it

9. NoJuan999

Jul 31, 2009
  10. misi.vitek

misi.vitek MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2011
    ok Windows activation is not a problem.. I use removeWAT... and the pc specs... i'll send you a link in pm.. i don't want to crash it so i'll be grateful for info...

11. misi.vitek

misi.vitek MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2011
    I can't send you a message and i can't post any links :( How can I send you links for specs of my mbo and pc please? Really sorry for my english.. On czech forums nobody knows how to flash it :D

12. misi.vitek

misi.vitek MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2011
    I'll try it somehow ;)

13. NoJuan999

Jul 31, 2009
  14. misi.vitek

misi.vitek MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2011
    So this bios mod wont unlock Overlocking options? My bios is locked and i cant OC.... I would buy a good cpu cooler and OC my CPU a little bit, but there is no option in my HP bios :( So that's my question... how to unlock it for OC.. maybe some tips.. THANK YOU FOR REPLIES!:rolleyes:

15. NoJuan999

Jul 31, 2009
    No, it will NOT add OC options to the BIOS.
    HP doesn't include OC options in their BIOS, so they are not there to be unlocked.

16. misi.vitek

misi.vitek MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2011
    So there is no way to overclock my HP mobo? Even with some modded bios? I thought, that when i flash it with some moded bios i will be able to overclock..

17. NoJuan999

Jul 31, 2009