Asus K52JU not start after trying to put slic bios

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by txetxua, Sep 29, 2012.

1. txetxua

txetxua MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2011
    Hello

Please help, after upgrading to slic bios my laptop will not boot.

My laptop is a asus K52JU
    Intel I3
    ATI radeon hd 6370m
    4gb ram

I've proven to put the bios on a usb and nothing I have the recovery DVDs and anything.

I can do?

Forgive if misspelling is translated with a translator

I'm Spanish

thank you very much

2. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    #2 SOCRATE_MMXII, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
    Follow this guide:
    How to make a BIOS update for Asus Notebook

Basically a BIOS update can be done quite easily, but is recommended in cases where a problem can be solved only by updating BIOS.

BIOS updates for Asus notebooks are made when you want to:

- Correct incompatibilities or hardware problems that were not identified until the launch of the notebook

- Correct some problems that can occurre with the launch of new operating systems

- Upgrade the processor to a new model that was launched later on the market

Asus provides for their notebook the possibility of BIOS upgrade using three methods. Thus rewriting the BIOS can be done using these ASUS utilities

1. EasyFlash 2. AFlash 3. WinFlash
    Whichever method you choose, you must first identify the exact model of notebook you have. The notebook model with full details can be found on a label on the notebook back side.

After identifying the notebook model, you have to enter on the Asus official site, and go to Asus Support section. Then make a search for the notebook model and choose Drivers Download or Download.

Here you will find, besides various asus drivers, a BIOS updates section where updates are ordered descending by date. Download the latest BIOS version and extract the bios update file from the zip archive. The file has an extension like .ROM or .XXX where XXX represents BIOS version

For example, a notebook bios update for Asus EEE will be a file with the name X101H-ASUS-0202.ROM and for Asus K53E will be a file named K53EAS.210

BIOS Update for Asus using WinFlash utility

The simplest and the most risky method is to flash the BIOS with WinFlash utility directly from Windows. For this you need to install WinFlash utility and to have the BIOS file that coresponds to your laptop model.

1. Start WinFlash utility

2. Click on Browse and select the update BIOS file

3. Click Flash button for rewriting BIOS

4. WinFlash utility will erase, flash and verify the new BIOS version and then will ask you to restart the notebook

BIOS Update for Asus using AFlash utility

For this method you need a bootable CD containing FreeDOS and a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive containing aflash2.exe file and file to update bios

1. Insert flash drive into the USB port and FreeDos CD into the optical device

2. Restart the notebook and boot up from the FreeDos CD

3. After FreeDos starts, check the path to drive where update files are stored and the path to aflash2.exe file

4. Change the drive to that path using MS-DOS command (D: To change drive to D) and then at command prompt type aflash2.exe and press ENTER

5. Enter the path to the BIOS file for example D:\K53EAS.210 and confirm rewriting of BIOS

6. AFLASH2 utility will erase, flash and verify the new BIOS version and then will restart the notebook

BIOS Update for Asus EasyFlash utility

This is the simplest and safest method, but not all notebooks have it. For this method you need a formatted FAT32 flash drive and the BIOS update file on it.

1. Write the BIOS file on a CD or FAT32 formatted flash drive

2. Start the notebook and enter in the BIOS setup. Depending on notebook model you can enter in BIOS setup by pressing F2 or DEL key

3. In the BIOS Advanced tab or Tools tab, also depending on the model, choose Start Easy Flash

4. After starting the EasyFlash utility selsct the proper drive, for example C:, then select the file containing the BIOS update and confirm the BIOS flash

5. EasyFlash utility will erase, flash and verify the new BIOS version and then will restart the notebook.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. txetxua

txetxua MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2011
    Thanks for answering, but the problem is I can not access anything.

It remains for me the black screen.

4. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. txetxua

txetxua MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2011
    As I enter but let me see anything on the screen?

6. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #6 LatinMcG, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
    i fixed a K53JH with USB SPI programmer .. i could not get recovery to work for hrs.

to fix u hve to make backup.bin of the chip then post and we merge from bios dload with hex editor and send u fixed.bin to flash back.

its best to flash in dos with the asus models to not brick board.

try the dvd recovery without hdd plugged in.. sometimes they put the bios recovery in it.
    on k53jh there was a reset bios button under laptop door cover to side.. small black dot

7. txetxua

txetxua MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2011
    That programmer need?
    Where I can get it?
    I can build it myself?

thanks