Asus k53e bios issue

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Maxdog03, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Maxdog03

Maxdog03 MDL Novice

Jul 22, 2014
    I have an Asus K53E-BBR4 laptop and was purchased at an estate sale and when I got it home and powered up it had a bios password that prevented me from booting up the laptop. It will start the flash screen for a second or two and then immediately goes to a screen asking for a password and 3 attempts forces me to restart to put me back at the start. I have a tech working on it now and he has pulled the data off the bios chip and sent me the file and has also downloaded the latest bios to the laptop but the bios is only 2gb or mb (can't remember what he said) while the file on the chip he said was twice the size (4gb or mb) so there is some missing information he said and suggested trying to find a programmer on a forum.

Two questions, does anyone have the ability to properly modify the file so it will eliminate the password (I can send the file) and second question, if he was to remove the chip and put a new eeprom chip in with the newest bios would that accomplish what I need?

And if anyone has any concerns, no the laptop isn't stolen as it was legitimately purchased and I checked with the local police if it had been reported as stolen. Thanks for any help or suggestions anyone can answer as I am anxious to get this laptop up and running.