Asus laptop

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by MaveRick23, Jul 14, 2013.

1. MaveRick23

MaveRick23 MDL Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Hello friends,

i have asus laptop k55a, it is new bought, it has 4 GB RAM and 2 core, i installed windows 7 ultimate 32bit. problem is that its reaction is very slow even when i click on the right side of mouse for ,,refresh" thinks for a while, when i turn it on windows welcome sound comes late.

what is a problem?

should i install 64bit?

can u help me?

have a nice day.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    With 4GB Ram I would install 64bit OS anyway! That would give you the advantage to use either 32bit and 64bit Apps.

For to run slow, check first the power settings. Personally I would recommend to create 2 different Power Plan:
    1. High performance
    2. Mobile perfomance

For to use with High Performance, I would have the Power Supply connected at all times at Home/Office or at places I could use the electricity and set all to max limits!
    Mobile Performance with reduced power consumption and if an Power Supply isn't connected. That would also downgrade the CPU Speed etc.!

Also check the Graphic Drivers that you've the latest installed. If your Laptop use Dual Graphic, let say Intel + Nvidia, Intel + ATI etc. you'll need to have both drivers installed. Check with Asus Website!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I would also run some tests on your Hard drive.

4. MaveRick23

MaveRick23 MDL Member

Apr 13, 2013
    thanks friends for your replays. i will do as you said. at first i will install 64bit.

So urie you mean that it is possible hard drive has a problem? sectors or something else is damaged?

5. alicepattinson

alicepattinson MDL Member

Jan 29, 2013
    it's 50/50. Thinking that it's still new and your laptop is running slow. But they are right, you have to install the 64bit to know if that's the main reason. Good luck! :)

6. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
  7. MaveRick23

MaveRick23 MDL Member

Apr 13, 2013
    but my HDD is not SSD drive. ok will run it i will let you know, i will send screen shot.

8. X-MEN

X-MEN MDL Senior Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Try this

goto regedit and go to this and delete all other entries except "new"
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

then try whether now the right click is still slow in response.

9. MysTikAL3

MysTikAL3 MDL Senior Member

Jul 15, 2013
    #10 MysTikAL3, Jul 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
    Check your hdd...run cmd as admin chkdsk /f /r
    Then run sfc /scannow
    If no errors, and I assume you have Windows fully updated, you might look into if there is any chance you picked up a virus..???
    Device manager show no missing drivers?

And yes you should be running 64-bit however, your fresh install 32-bit system should be just as quick to respond.
    In normal average task usage the response time difference (32 to 64-bit) Win 7 is only microseconds.... you cannot notice.

10. MaveRick23

MaveRick23 MDL Member

Apr 13, 2013
    no, there is no any missed drivers in the device manager. i will scan system by kaspersky and malwarebytes
    thanks all above you

11. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009