Asus M4A785TD-V-EVO unrecoverable bios ..problem :(

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by technews, Oct 2, 2010.

1. technews

technews MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2010
    #1 technews, Oct 2, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
    I am new to this site & have searched this forum to find a solution for my prob, but didnt find any. datz y starting a new topic..

Recently, I have assempled a pc with the following config

Asus M4A785TD-V-EVO with ATI onboard graphics
    AMD Phenom x4 955 Black Edition
    Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200.12 SATA 3Gbs
    Adata ddr3 1333 ram-4Gb [2x2gb]
    Sony Dvd writer

Everything was working fine....& i have played 'disney split second' without any issue in normal mode
    2 days later, my Ati Radeon 5670 1gb Graphics card arrived [ i opted for this coz i am a graphic designer and was looking or something big] :D

As my pc was already on,I placed my the graphics card's DVD in tray and turned off my system... then i fixed the new graphics card in its slot.. & as i was abt to turn on the system , i noticed an instrucion in the graphics card manual that... i need to turn OFF the onboard graphics before installing the new one.
    So i took the card back from the motherboard & turned on the system!

:weep:

for my bad,
    After i pressed the ON button,a thought came in my mind dat some thing wrong may happen if the new driver dvd stayed in the tray & in the next second i took the dvd out..

I dono wat happnd then.. my bios was automatically gone from the system.. it is asking for a file named " M4A785TV" .
    So i put the motherboard's dvd in tray.... the system detected the required file and i thought everything will be fine :worthy::worthy:
    but no use !!
    A Error msg came dat.... the file is too old. and it is asking for latest version of it.:suicide:

My motherboard is 2010 make and the dvd whick i got with it is of 2009 :confused:

at this stage, system is not detecting any usb drive/key board.

what to do no ? :confused:

guys, please help me :weep:

2. yaluza1967

yaluza1967 MDL Member

Jun 6, 2009
    take poweriso, download your latest bios, replace bios in the motherboard's dvd with new, burn the dvd and try to flash.

3. technews

technews MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2010
    Screen shot from Asus website
    [​IMG]
    Here i can see 18 files under the BIOS menu.... so which one to download?

how to detect my bios version ?

4. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    #4 NoJuan999, Oct 2, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. technews

technews MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2010
    NoJuan999,
    Sir,
    Thank you for the fast reply & the links.
    Will came back after performing these steps...

6. livinginswva

livinginswva MDL Member

Sep 5, 2010
    your board has the asus crash free bios feature. there will be instructions on the asus website on bios recovery for your board

7. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    Good catch, that's an excellent feature.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. livinginswva

livinginswva MDL Member

Sep 5, 2010
    i found this out the hard way a few weeks ago...bricked an asus m3a with a bad flash. after lots of other methods to try to recover i stumbled across this info.