ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3 bricked, help before RMA!

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by bennyboy, Jan 30, 2013.

1. bennyboy

bennyboy MDL Member

May 9, 2007
    I have been trying to add SLIC 2.1 to my Asus EFI BIOS but I have never been successful. I just flashed my BIOS with one modded with phoenixtool using DMI method.

Now my motherboard is bricked. I get nothing on screen and the debug code on the board just stays at 10 (which I can't find anything about on the web). I have tried removing all hardware piece by piece, even with no CPU or RAM I still have the same problem.

Does anyone know how I can recover this board before submitting an RMA?

Any suggestions appreciated.

2. Aberration79

Aberration79 MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2012
    Sounds like a bad flash. Wish I could help, but I am sure someone will know of a way. The super enthusiasts and LN2'ers are always flashing stuff.

3. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    #3 tnx, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
    Does that board allow you to flash the BIOS just by having the BIOS file on a USB plugged into one of the USB 3 slots and while holding a button on the rear IO it will flash the BIOS automaticly...

My sabertooth Z77 has this...

This may help ???

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I just downloaded the user manual and looked at the rear IO...It dont look like it has the button which mine does...

Do hope you get it sorted...

4. bennyboy

bennyboy MDL Member

May 9, 2007
    There doesn't seem to be any Bios recovery option like that for this board. I've tried everything I know!

The debug LED code is just always stuck at 10, can't find anything about that specific code but it looks like it can't even boot into any sort of environment to recover the BIOS. Sad times. RMA submitted :(

5. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    maybe swap the chip out for a new one...Ebay will have them. Should be easy enough to get at I recon..

6. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    #8 R29k, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    they way i been doing it is with flashrom from usb dos make backup then mod and flash it.