Asus p5vdc-mx bios

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by ToMonkey, Oct 30, 2009.

1. ToMonkey

ToMonkey MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2009
    #1 ToMonkey, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
    I have this Asus motherboard, I have downloaded the bios file from the site. I have also created my own using the amitool.

Whenever I try to update using the afudos tool I get the error message "ASF Signature Not Found" I have tried several different BIOS files using asus, lenovo, dell 2.1 slics etc. Everything has come from this site. I even used a bios file that someone here modified and is verified as working.

I have also tried several versions of AFUDOS but still the same message.

I have booted from a usb stick with win 98 dos and also from CD using a dos 7.10 I think also taken from this site. I still get the same message.

EDIT
    ====
    Everest tells me that the bios is Pheonix Award v6 and the MB is an ASUS P5V-VM DH ACPI Rev 0501.
    When it boots the motherboard says ASUS P5VDC-MX.
    I have tried both BIOS Updates with 2 different versions of afudos and different boot methods

HELP!!!

Any Ideas.

2. ToMonkey

ToMonkey MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2009
    I feel rather foolish. After using everest to identify mb correctly I used winflas to backup bios and the award tool to modify the backed up bios.

I have added the slic 2.1 and can rebuild tomorrow now after flashin successfully with winflash.

Neither of the bios files either P5V-VM or p5vdc from ASUS were of any use.

3. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ToMonkey

ToMonkey MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2009
    I have no idea whats going on I can take the bios files from asus and use the afudos program, I have a few different versions. It won't even flash with the originals. Its like the motherboard is not what it says it is.

Anyway, backed up the existing bios patched that and reflashed using winflash, windows 7 now is loaded.

ASUS sites stated MB had realtek audio the sound was faulty so tried loading that 100 times doing different things, turns out its sound max.

Then my gfx card was claimed not to have 64mb (in fact 256) in media centre so that was another driver download.

Its been a weekend starting with the bios issues. But its all good now.:)

5. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    You probably have an OEM MB that ASUS made for some other manufacturer.
    That would explain why the BIOS and sound chip where not the same as those on the ASUS models you looked at.

I have a SONY Vaio I use as an HTPC that has an ASUS MB made just for Sony that doesn't exactly match any listed model at ASUS.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...