asus p7z77 pro and deluxe question

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by mystixa, Jan 17, 2014.

1. mystixa

mystixa MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2014
    #1 mystixa, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
    I'm just interested in getting some direction here to know where to look next.

I have a z77 pro, updated now from stock to the newest bios now. It comes with a wifi module that plugs into pins on the board itself (0C001-00050200). The deluxe version comes with a similar module, (0C011-00040100) but it adds bluetooth and wifi A. I bought this module, figuring that would be a good mod, adding bluetooth with the least trouble. I seem to be wrong about that. Wifi is seen by windows (7) and works fine. No device is seen in device manager for bluetooth however and attempts at installing bluetooth drivers fail with an inability to detect a bluetooth device.

The only online guidance Ive seen after quite a bit of looking is; to get the bluetooth going you should enable it in the bios. The bios I had and the bios I upgraded to both have options to enable wifi, but not bluetooth. I went through the initial steps to installing the deluxe bios (same bios version number as my newest) to see if it was possible, but got a security verification error, so going that route wont necessarily be simple.

So... on to the bios.
    Should I look further into cross flashing the bios to have a bluetooth option? As far as I can tell they are pretty much the same board, just with a very few differing options, and the base technologies are all there. There are different numbers of pci slots for example, not a complete lack of them.

Anyone have any experience with this? Seen it done on these boards? Gotten the bluetooth to work on the pro version? Id like to hear about it.

Thanks!:eek:

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    not crossflashing. adding the module or editing to the rom from the other.

3. mystixa

mystixa MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2014
    interesting

Hmm.. that would be good. I have only occasionally modded a bios, and usually ofr a graphic or adding a slic. ..and havent done it at all with this particular board. I didn't know it was possible to take an individual part and add it in like that. Though I was kinda thinking it would cool if you could.

..any sites or guides I could look at that would lead me to this information?

Thanks for the idea.

4. mystixa

mystixa MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2014
    oof.. looked at a few tools so far and Im thinking Im in over my head trying to do this myself. perhaps I should leave things alone if thats the only option. Any thoughts out there?

5. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    it likely is very hard to do..for me.
    maybe someone with more rom modding experience can look at it

6. mystixa

mystixa MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2014
    Just got word back from Asus.. They say that "due to specification" the bluetooth from the deluxe model won't work in the pro. I read into that its a bios problem since the hardware physically fits and 1/2 works.

7. mystixa

mystixa MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2014
    I have asked in the ami mod and whitelist section for a mod to be done. I looked into doing it myself, and even dismembered the bios with phoenix tool a few times. But I cant find the particular and needed details. This proves that I just don't know enough to handle this competently on my own. So hopefully someone out there feels like taking it on.