Asus P8H77-I Multiplier Limit Removed

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by hifihedgehog, May 8, 2013.

1. hifihedgehog

hifihedgehog MDL Novice

May 8, 2013
    #1 hifihedgehog, May 8, 2013
    Last edited: May 8, 2013
    I am requesting a bios mod for the Asus P8H77-i. I would like to be able to change the clock multiplier in the bios beyond the standard value for an Ivy Bridge K unlocked processor (i5 3570K), but this board's bios, unlike several other H77 boards, does not allow it. Now, I realize the H77 chipset implemented in this board does not allow FSB tweaking like the Z77 chipset, but there are several H77 boards in existence which do allow multiplier overclocking with Ivy Bridge K unlocked processors. Can someone make this happen for me?

Thank you!:eek:

2. frwil

frwil MDL Addicted

Sep 22, 2008
    It's a bit confusing, can you give some examples, because, as far as i've seen, H77-based boards allow only to downclock multiplier of Ivy Bridge K unlocked processors.

3. hifihedgehog

hifihedgehog MDL Novice

May 8, 2013
    Thanks for replying! It was confusing for me myself until I read on an official Intel Q&A stating that H77-based boards allow the multiplier to be set above the standard value with Ivy Bridge K unlocked processors. The only difference, however, is that CPU voltage and FSB values are locked by the chipset. Now, apparently, a few H77 motherboards allow this, at least up to the turbo frequency in the case of a certain Asrock model, but the P8H77-I seems to be unable to do this since there appears to be a lock implemented by Asus on the value multiplier even with my Ivy Bridge K unlocked processor installed. That's why I came here requesting a BIOS mod to get around this problem. Hopefully, that all makes sense and thanks again for the reply!

communities.intel.com/thread/29206
    communities.intel.com/thread/29119
    forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1908808