Asus Sabertooth P67 LGA 1155.. Anybody using one. I like the spec and the look..

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by tnx, Jun 16, 2012.

1. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Hi everybody.....
    Well my old Abit AW9D Max is nearly dead. Slowly things are dropping off or stopping working altogether.
    Two SATA port connectors have broken off.
    The rear USB ports stopped working.
    And now the USB risers have stopped working... Lucky I have a PCIe USB card.....

Its showing its age,I have had it six years and I bought it second hand so i aint complaining it has served me well...

Any way,I digress...

Looking at buying a new board. Looked at an Abit IP35 Pro XE. This lets me use my chip and RAM etc but they are pricey for an old board.
    So i started looking at an Asus Maximus II Formula...wow,well dear.
    This lead me to look at other Asus boards,yes I thought, I like the look and sound of these. Sabertooth came cropping up,X58 LGA 1366. 55i LGA 1156.....I sort of like the sound of these cause they use he old BIOS.
    been reading a bit of adding SLIC to the newer UEFI....Downloaded the tool and tested modding my own Asus UEFI .ROM..Yes it seems to have done it.
    So i started looking at LGA 1155 Asua boards and i have sort of plumped for the Sabertooth P67 LGA 1155.

Finally I get to my question...

Does anybody on here run the Asus Sabertooth P67 LGA 1155 ?
    Have you added SLIC/SLP info and got Windows 7 installed OK ? ( often run XP too...I still like it )
    Would you recomend the board or not ?

Cheers for reading. A bit long winded i know....

2. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    No worries .. If you find a mod that has been successfully tested and it may be what you want, download it, and the version of manufacturer's bios used at mod because the links here often become dead after awhile .. Wish you the best on your build even if it is later rather than sooner .. Know how that goes for sure

3. Calistoga

Calistoga MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2009
    I have the Sabertooth P67. It is awesome and you will not regret buying it.

I haven't modded the BIOS though. Daz' Windows Loader has always worked - without slowing the boot noticeably.

4. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    I have friend who had that board and she ran into loads of cold boot issues.
    Finally got fed up and ditched the whole thing and went with the Maximus IV Gene Z and
    no issues since.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Calistoga

Calistoga MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2009
    #7 Calistoga, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
    I've had problems with dead slow boot, but I fixed that by disabling "graphical boot" (that huge SABERTOOTH logo) and by reducing the keypress wait time to 1 second. You should also disable the Marvel SATA controller (unless you absolutely need it, of course), as it slows the boot ridiculously.

6. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Thanks for the replies guys...

makes good reading. :)