ASUS Sabertooth x79 machine CPU led

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by weaveR, Sep 15, 2014.

1. weaveR

weaveR MDL Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Hi I recently rebuilt a old machine and brought a new asus sabertooth motherboard for it but when I try to boot the cpu LED just stays on and there is no display before this it was the memory led but now it's the CPU led I've tried reseating the heatsink already.

I'm thinking it's the memory regardless of the CPU led being on because before the memory LED was lighting up but it would be a waste of money if it wasn’t the RAM and I went out and brought some I've got 4 2 gig generic sticks and 2 gskill 1 gig sticks.

Any help would be appreciated. :g:

2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. weaveR

weaveR MDL Member

Nov 8, 2009
    I've tried using only one stick of RAM I've even tried using no RAM and it does the exact same thing just the CPU red led comes on and there is no post.

4. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Does the motherboard BIOS support the cpu you are using. Definitely sounds like cpu is the issue to me .

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mimart7

mimart7 MDL Senior Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Try clearing the cmos.

Disconnect the power cord.

Remove cmos battery.

Wait 5 minutes.

Replace battery.

Plug power cord back in.

Boot up your pc.

All bios settings will be default, you will need to reconfigure.

6. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011