asus software failing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Duke2u, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Duke2u

Duke2u MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2012
    I have a new comp, using a new Asus Maximus V Formula. after installing windows then installing software the software starts to fail, first the AI suite, then other parts, bluetooth, epu, rog gamefirst, Asus says it is a bad operating system, Microsoft support tech level 3 says that every one of the progams that are failing have been loaded as 32bit instead of 64bit, the problem is that you have no choice when installing it, it says it is good for both 32 and 64, they will not work unless I do a clean install, and they will then slowly start to fail again after a reboot. Any idea who is right and who is wrong, I first had windows 7 Prem, then did a anytime upgrade to pro, to use all the ram I have, but still only the Asus software is failing

2. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #2 PhaseDoubt, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
    What exactly do you mean by "failing"? Are there are error messages displayed or are there other things that happen such as computer freezing, BSOD, instant restart and etc? Have you checked the Event Viewer Application Log to see if anything is shown there?

I've always found upgrades of any sort to be problematic; not to say some don't work well. Anytime Upgrade should have worked but I tend to believe ASUS is giving you the best info. I've installed many 32 bit programs on 64 bit systems with no problems. Microsoft even provides a "Program Files (x86)" folder specifically for 32 bit programs on 64 bit systems. On 100% of them? Dunno, but they're on those x64 system I installed. That tends to make me think your MS tech guy is less than fully informed.

Maybe running the System File Checker (sfc /scannow) would be a good idea.

3. Duke2u

Duke2u MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2012
    well the blue tooth will say, can not stack, ai suite fanexpert will say server excution failed, progid; asus fan control service; fan control manger, epu will fail,, thes are all splash screens that pop up as sytem boots up or when I try to acitvate the service

4. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #4 PhaseDoubt, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
    Do these devices have earlier drivers you can rollback to? If so try that. If no, uninstall the devices, reboot and see if Windows will supply a working driver. If that has no effect, setup Windows Update to get drivers and install any that are suggested. If that fails, get the latest drivers from the ASUS site and install them.

My ASUS netbook has an ASUS update utility for keeping drivers and software current. Does your computer have that and if so have you tried it?

Do you have a recovery partition and/or the recovery disks? If all else fails, you may need to wipe your drive and start over. That's my "sledge hammer" approach to problem resolution and it does in fact fix a multitude of problems usually. Actually I might start calling that my "Draconian Solution" ... I like that phraseology.

Do you maybe have a system image of an earlier working system you can restore?

What results did running the System File Checker (sfc /scannow) present?