ASUS Transformer Book T100TAM and Windows 8.1 installation

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by SegaGenesis, Mar 13, 2015.

1. SegaGenesis

SegaGenesis MDL Junior Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Hello!

I bought a new ASUS Transformer, it has Windows 8.1 Bing installed and I would like to format it's memory card and install Windows 8.1 Pro with the KMS activator. :p

Has anyone here sucessfuly done that? I've read that it's difficoult since the key is hardcoded into the UEFI or something like that (I'm not sure)?

Can you tell me how to go about it to make it happen?

Thank you! :)

2. SegaGenesis

Sep 8, 2014
    Thank you for the link. If I understand correctly that is made so that I would preserve the genuine Windows 8.1 key. The key it's supposed to be stored in BIOS in the T100 models. What I'm interested in is getting aroud it and installing a pirated Pro version with a new key and Microsoft Toolkit activation. Is that possible (and how)?

Also, could I run into any problems trying to make a 32-bit UEFI USB installation drive? How would I go about that?

Thanx! :)

3. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    easiest way is a Pro-VL or Enterprise copy of Win8.1. install that and it will ignore the bios key then just run MTK after install.

4. SegaGenesis

Sep 8, 2014
    I see. What's the other way if I'd like to do it with a "regular" Windows 8.1 Pro ISO? Just install and later run MTK? What do I do if the BIOS key would be giving me trouble? Disable the secure boot?

5. SegaGenesis

Sep 8, 2014
    Anyone, please? :)

6. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    #7 EFA11, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  7. SegaGenesis

Sep 8, 2014
    Hi EFA11, I did what you told me to do and it worked excellent. I also formatted the boot USB for UEFI and GPT and disabled the secure boot in BIOS.

Thank you for the great advice, I was asking at other forums but got no useful info. Again, thank you! :)