ASUS Vista DVD - no OEM logo

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Crusi, May 25, 2008.

1. Crusi

Crusi MDL Novice

Dec 23, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    Can you please upload you OEM folder, so I can check it..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Crusi

Crusi MDL Novice

Dec 23, 2007
  4. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
  5. Crusi

Crusi MDL Novice

Dec 23, 2007
    #5 Crusi, May 25, 2008
    Last edited: May 25, 2008
    (OP)
    Thanks for help, now i know what to do :)

I don't understand what you mean. There is key in PID.txt which determine what type of windows it will install. It my PID.txt there is key for Vista Ultimate. In this DVD there is only x64 Vista. I have x86 on another DVD, and OEM files are the same.

One more thing. If i don't want any wallpapers, etc. Only OEM logos, i need SYSTEM.CMD only which contain's:
    Am I right?

6. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    #6 petar, May 25, 2008
    Last edited: May 25, 2008
    About your first question...
    Unattend instalation means that you dont select wich version of vista you want to install.
    You are even not provided with the options from wich to choose.
    The install proce is automatic, the only think you have to do on a unattend installation is to select on wich drive you want vista to be installed.

About your seccond question...
    Yes you are right you only need to add the registry, but you will also need the OOBE.CMD with the same commands.

Note. You have wrote "dell.reg" in fact it is asus.reg, it depends what is the name of the *.reg file

7. Crusi

Crusi MDL Novice

Dec 23, 2007
    But without unattend installation i don't have to choose which version of windows i will install. It's determined by key in PID.TXT.

Do you know why i nedd SYSTEM.CMD and OOBE.CMD, those two files are the same, isn't only OOBE.CMD needed?

8. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    #8 petar, May 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  9. ricktendo64

ricktendo64 MDL Expert

Apr 20, 2008
    #9 ricktendo64, May 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  10. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    WOW @ricktendo64....:D

This is the most complite script for Vista instalation that I have ever seen.
    You can add your own drivers, gadgets e.c.t.
    And what is most importatnt you dont need any other files or commands at all to make a unattend instalation.

Thanks for the post.
    Now making of the OEM folders will be more perfected...

Two questions only...
    Have you tested it ??
    Have you vriten it ???
    Couse if you have vriten it, then can you help us to customize it a bit more ?

Once more thanks on the nice post..:D