asus vp 278 monitor won't display

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by potjevleesch, Sep 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. potjevleesch

potjevleesch MDL Addicted

Aug 7, 2010
    I use V10 x64 insiders preview, this brand new panel is hdmi connected to PC, the trouble is it takes ages to display anything else than a black screen despite its power led is lit, I often have to restart to get it straight, this screen otherwis works perfectly (nvidia display drivers up to date), connection to rig is hdmi.
    thx

2. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    your best option is to try that monitor in a different pc, if it still has the same issue, it is the monitor at fault

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. potjevleesch

potjevleesch MDL Addicted

Aug 7, 2010
    thanks: monitor tested before posting, same for cable, driver, does not happen when going out of sleep

4. NeeK

NeeK MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2017
    So you have tested all the cables and tried on different PC's?

try hooking it to other device apart from PCs too.

If it's electrical, then generally, a TV or monitor that starts taking a long time to turn on is a sign that some of the capacitors in the integrated switch mode power supply are failing. Typical behaviour - it takes longer and longer for the screen to turn on, then it just fails to turn on at all. The power LED can be on, or cycle when this happens.

I'd RMA it.

5. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    its a win 10 issue.. try Win P key and you will see a side menu.. means windows is stuck with the service appreadiness in task manager services tab
    try stopping that one, disabled temporary.