Asus Zenbook UX31 Crashes

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by jesusmgtz, May 22, 2015.

1. jesusmgtz

jesusmgtz MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2008
    Hello.

I've got the same problem with Windows 8/8.1 with the last release of Windows 10 (100122), it freezes or shutsdown ramdomly. My guess is an issue with the video, because some times appears some squares or a green line in the left side of the screen.

It works perfect with Windows 7.

I've tried everything in the BIOS, but no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

PD
    Zeenbook its a Intel Core i5 (2nd Gen) with integrated Intel Graphics HD 2000 with 4 GB ram and 128GB SSD.

2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    all these occasional problems with a handful of quite new hardware can only be related to drivers which are not ready to go in a beta OS

3. Dufhz

Dufhz MDL Junior Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Check event viewer and harddrive sentinel ssd security config.

4. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    #4 Hadron-Curious, May 24, 2015
    Last edited: May 24, 2015
    There is a lot of things that can cause such issue in a system. To find solution you must address it from a best practical ways:

1) Check your system memory(RAM) for errors by doing a memtest.

2) Update the system BIOS to the latest version release.

3) Check your SSD if there is any error by doing a disk check.

4) Try to use a different ISO image from a trusted site and use the right image burner or USB creator.

5) Download the chipset driver and install it first before installing all other necessary drivers.

However, it is likely a problem emanating from your system memory, SSD or BIOS needing update.

5. jesusmgtz

jesusmgtz MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2008
    :worthy: Thanks for your repplies, Problem fixed :clap: . I've installed Intel HD Video Driver for Windows 7 and now it works without problems! :cool: