ATHEROS WIRELESS CAUSE BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH WITH WINDOWS 7 Ultimate SP1 X64

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by victorios, Dec 2, 2014.

1. victorios

victorios MDL Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Hello,

When i click on Network adress

when I change the value of my wifi card network adress, I get a BSOD (blue screen of death). I like a wifi card Dell Wireless 1901 802.11 / a / b / g / n

I have Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 Dell Oem

I have another laptop with the same wireless card under Windows 8.1, and when I change the value newtork adress with Windows 8.1 I do not have this problem.

otherwise the wireless card on the market is called Qualcomm atheros 9462

Once back the value Windows 7 x64 SP1 I get a blue screen with athrx.sys

above the message athrx.sys I STOP message: 0x0000007E

All my drivers and Windows Update is up to date what should I do?

Thanks for advance for you help.

2. mockingbird

mockingbird MDL Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Check the Dev_ID of the card and update to the latest. Which driver version are you using?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mockingbird

mockingbird MDL Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    #5 zahnoo, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  5. MysTikAL3

MysTikAL3 MDL Senior Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Since you have already focused on the root cause and have had no improvement with updated drivers, etc., it is very likely the issue is caused by more than one conflict (or other damaged/corrupt/missing system files.
    If you have "added" Windows 7 Ultimate to this laptop, is it from a verified clean source?
    I would clean install Windows 7 from a trusted source, update your drivers and Windows to current.
    You will most likely find your BSOD issue is completely gone...then start adding your software and testing the network as each are completed after a reboot.
    You will either find a conflict/culprit that triggers the BSOD again, or the BSOD problem is gone for good, in such case the cause of your problem was 'system related' and fixed with your new clean install.
    Yes this will take a few hours, but I'm sure you already have many more hours vested in trying to fix this problem.
    IMHO start over with a clean install and your issue will be fixed for good.
    :)