Audio CD Tracks not listed

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BigCol, Jan 20, 2014.

1. BigCol

BigCol MDL Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Just bought a new win 7 desk top and although its working fine, whenever I insert an audio cd (album) and open it up, all the tracks come up as track 1, track 2 and so on. Ive tried about 10 different albums and its the same. The same albums come up with full track listing on my older win 7 machine. Hopefully there is an easy solution to this problem. Thanks in advance guys, any help with this will be very much appreciated

2. jellybelly

jellybelly MDL Member

Oct 30, 2009
    hmm.. i'm just going to guess that at some point you installed something on the old machine that read cd-text natively (if the cds had cd-text written to them, not sure if audio cds have that these days by default, wouldn't think so...) or downloaded/saved disc info from the internet and that information was then used later on in windows (not sure how it would use such information)

i'm thinking that if you used windows media player/center for listening to the cds it downloaded the track info and that integrated into explorer also (i'm assuming you're looking at the tracks in an explorer window?)

other than that i'm not sure.. i dont use real audio cds these days, haven't in years..

without any software downloading track info, showing up as track 1, track 2, etc is the normal thing.. that's how it's always been..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...