audio stutters when browsing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by springtime, Jun 7, 2011.

1. springtime

springtime MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2011
    Hi,

I recently installed win 7 x64. Cpu e7400. Realtek network card and onboard realtek audio.

When I play music (winamp) and browse, sometimes the audio has a little hickup when a new page is downloaded in the browser.

Google told me I could try to update the network driver but it is already the latest.

I checked with the latency checker (esycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml) and when browsing I indeed get a little yellow bar, meaning there is lag.

Anybody has some tips please? I was thinking of maybe increasing priority to 'above normal' for the audio processes, but I'd rather ask around first.

Thanks.

2. springtime

springtime MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2011
    Thank you!

I came across the tip to delete the realtek audio drivers just as you suggested in that thread, using only the windows driver. This works for me! Pfff what a relief. (I'm music nuts).

3. springtime

springtime MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2011
    Hm, it's still noticable..

4. springtime

springtime MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2011
    Hm, I have almost the latest nvidia drivers..
    I'll see how it goes for awhile, if it keeps bugging me I'll try the video drivers.

5. springtime

springtime MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2011
    #5 springtime, Jun 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
    (OP)
    When I found out win media player didn't have the problem I switched to winamp 5 (lite). I was still using 2.x :)
    Problems seem to be over...

Edit: today had issues again. Changed output in winamp from the gapless plugin to normal directx output. Seems to be gone again. (winamp 5 seems to do gapless all by itself).

6. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...