Audiotrak PRODIGY HD2 EEPROM Flashing

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Oery, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Oery

Oery MDL Junior Member

Nov 14, 2010
    #1 Oery, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  2. Oery

Oery MDL Junior Member

Nov 14, 2010
  3. razzz

razzz MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2011
    Thanks

Thanks for those instruction on how to flash HD2de eeprom.

Tried flashing the de to try and run the Prodigy 0.978 v.2 control panel for it (instead of the via panel) like my regular HD2 runs with on with Win7. Flashed and passed and loaded the 0.978 panel, the L/R indicators were jumping, panel accepted commands, XP (test bed) saw it okay but no sound out to the speakers. Dead on the outputs.

Flashed eeprom back to gold, okay.

Back to the drawing board to first double check the card and op-amps.

I'm running X2 BR797AD and X1 OPA 627AU (yes, all on adapters) on both the regular HD2 and HD2de but the Prodigy 0.978 panel allows me make sounds the way I want to hear them when using my regular HD2 card.

VIA drivers/panel limits what I can do with the HD2de card.

Listening on a 2.1 system consisting of a Klipsch Promedia Ultra sub and (2) Klipsch RSX 5 speakers, all I can say is, Wow. Better than that, I have the Prodigy 7.1 HiFi card which sounds even more powerful even with the same op-amps in a 2.1 arrangement using the v.1.02 Prodigy Panel loaded onto Win7.

[Note: Find the uninstall_32.exe in the win32 drivers folder, load it and use the 'update' button for quick driver loading}

4. ei4ia

ei4ia MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2011
    can you (or anyone) tell me what is the difference comparing with 2x LT1364 + LT1361? After changed stock OPAs to LT my HD2 advance DE still sounds too bright.
    Thanks

5. Hans2012

Hans2012 MDL Novice

Sep 18, 2011
    Tip for making Flashing the HD2 DE succesfull

Thanks for the description for flashing the Prodidgy HD2 (Advance DE).
    At first as Razz mentioned "the L/R indicators were jumping, panel accepted commands, XP (test bed) saw it okay but no sound out to the speakers. Dead on the outputs.":(

Did find out to be successful flashing to do the following:After step 8 (If EEPROM flashing succeeded, "PASS" will be displayed) >unplug power(cord)! >wait a few minutes and power on .My win XP was happy to install the 1.08 Egosys driver again..:rolleyes: (the 0.978 version is also possible).
    Like the Egosys ASIO in Foobar better than to make use of the ASIO4ALL when using the Via envy24 driver.Makes playing youtube videos and Foobar(ASIO) at the same time possible :rolleyes:.

extra tip ;did use the HirenBOOT from USB stick, use DOS programs 2 >file managers>1:Volkov Commander.
    You can now with a mouse double click on HD2EEPW.EXE and direct after that double click on EEPRWA.EXE without reboot in between (step 6)

Have the Prodigy HD2 Xtreme Audiophile version with 3 Burson dual opamps !

6. razzz

razzz MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2011
    More

Yeah, when loading the Prodigy HD2 x2v 0.978 sometimes known as Pdhd2Pan (especially when loading the v.1.02 Prodigy Panel onto Win7 for a Prodigy 7.1 HiFi card), when you have completed installing drivers/software and just before you are ready to reboot, DON'T REBOOT, in fact don't restart or shut down or don't tell Windows to restart, just say no to any rebooting questions.

You have to bypass the part when Win7 wants to consolidate and rectify the window registry as it normally does when installing drivers during shut down process. To bypass letting Win7 do it normal routine, while the computer is running, you pull the plug from the computer's power supply or switch the power supply on/off button to the 'off' position. Plug or turn the computer back on like when normally booting up. Win7 will then be forced to use the drivers you loaded for the Prodigy card when it finds the sound card after you are at your desktop after boot up and you won't get any conflicts or error messages with this method.

It already worked for me with the 7.1 HiFi card to get the Prodigy Panel running. Didn't think I would have to do that for the HD2 card but I will give it a try.

7. sandalphon

sandalphon MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2012
    Successful install of .978 control panel!!

razzz is completely on the money!! Listen to this guy!

Im a new owner of the HD2 Prodigy DE, bought from gyrocom on ebay.
    (Arrived in 6 days from korea to usa, pretty fast for free shipping!!)

After going through the trouble of reading a dozen forum posts on how
    to install the HD2 properly, i finally came here, followed above instructions,
    and everything went GOLDEN.

I first installed the 1.08, but after noticing missing sound options in my
    control panel, i later found the .0978 version which can be d/L'd here:
    http ://85.25.144.200/download/AUDIOTRAK/Prodigy_HD2/Prodigy_HD2-x2v-v0_978. zip
    (delete spaces after http and at the end before zip in the url above)

After successfully installing, i noticed my sound output was completely gone,
    similar to what Hans2012 had experienced. So from here, i immediately plugged,
    allowed windows to log back on and the sound had autoconfigured to much
    success! Now i am using the 0.978 control panel flawlessly on Win 7 32bit os.

Like other users have mentioned, the windows sound volume/mixer now has
    0 effect on controlling the sound. Your only two options are physical speaker
    volume knobs, or the volume slider in the newly installed control panel.

(written for new or confused users!! hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!!)

8. tomazo

tomazo MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2011
    #8 tomazo, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
    As I know HD2 advance does not support recording with VIA drivers.
    Does it support recording (after flashing) with EGOSYS drivers?
    Anybody tried to record?

9. tomazo

tomazo MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2011
    #9 tomazo, Jan 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
    Well,
    does not work in win7 x64
    installed after flashing ESI driver 1.08 no auto frequency change with Foobar or AIMP...
    it does not have EQ and other options, the 0.978 has it on screen but they do not work...
    What am I doing wrong?

10. tomazo

tomazo MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2011
    Quote: ..."Here is an example of Foobar, using ASIO and SoX Resampler (2x)
    as you see, Automatic Sample Rate also work as it should be..."

which ver. of windows did you mean?

11. Oery

Oery MDL Junior Member

Nov 14, 2010
    tested on Win7 x86 SP1 (WASAPI/ASIO)
    and WinXP Pro SP3 (ASIO)

12. tomazo

tomazo MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2011
    Oery,

Thank you for info!

13. R o x

R o x MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2012
    ... hi, i tried many soundrecording sofwares for my Prodigy triple burson but almost all didnt work (also Audacity couldn't)
    the only two i found haveing no problems recording from this card are the mp3do sound recorder and totalrecorder (sorry am not allowed post clickable links)

... currently using the All Sound Recorder from mp3do, even recording from my turntable connected to line-in works like a dream !
    my system: Windows 7 64bits + VIA ENVY driver

when i read that the regular windows volume slider won't work on the EGOSYS/ESI driver; although i'd very much like to use it, i'm abit apprehensive flashing the card ... wouldn't want to lose the sound recording ability ! maybe someone can comment on the issue ?

thanks