autochk program not found. skipping autocheck

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by nopain25nogain, Dec 8, 2009.

1. nopain25nogain

nopain25nogain MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2009
    #1 nopain25nogain, Dec 8, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
    Hello,

I am new here so hopefully you'll pardon me this time if you find the thread inappropriate in this forum. I got this challenging issue with an Acer Aspire 5000 Series laptop.

It all started eventually when my .Net Framework got messed up and got even worsed when I called Microsoft TS... I found out that they did a DOTNET Clean up which I think removed the .Net Framework 2.0 and 3.0 on my system which is Home Edition SP3. This action resulted to some of my programs not running anymore as it requires .Net Framework 2.0 and the likes..

I tried to download and install manually .Net Framework 2.0 and 3.5 but to no avail because I get an error report during the installation that saids "Microsoft .Net Installation Service Utility has encountered a problem" something like that. Out of desperation to fix it myself, I uninstalled the SP3 from Add/Remove Programs. Downloaded a new SP3 from MS site and installed it.

Now here's were I am currently stuck into, for some very unfortunate reasons my laptop froze while it was installing the SP3. So what i did is that, I turned off the machine by pressing the power button long enough to shut it off and turned it back on. The machine seems to boot up fine until it gets to this looping error "autochk program not found. skipping autocheck..".

That's where I am at right now and I dont have any idea as how to get my system fixed as I dont have a Windows XP OEM disc which i could use to fix it with the In-Place installation method or what I call as "Repair".

I have some ways of getting this fixed but I lack the resources as to where I could get one;

1. Using Windows PE (a long shot)
    2. Using the In-Place Install or "Repair" using a bootable Windows XP OEM discs
    3. Using PTEdit (i doubt if this method would work)
    4. Last Resort which I totally hate doing, using the System Recovery Discs that comes with the machine. It basically installs the entire system to factory defaults which is going to be a nightmare for me as i have a lot of important things on machine.

If there's anyone out there who knows about this and probably has another brilliant solution to this, I am desperately in need of help here.

2. Siliwangi

Siliwangi MDL Member

Aug 11, 2009
    have you try " System Restore " ?

by pressing F8 button during computer booting to windows and choose " last good configuration " :)

3. nopain25nogain

nopain25nogain MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2009
    Yes I did try them but sadly I still end up with the same error message.

4. Siliwangi

Siliwangi MDL Member

Aug 11, 2009
    maybe you must choose 2nd option repair using Windows XP OEM disc

I always use this way when my Windows crashes :)