Autodiscover issues

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by micheldewit, May 30, 2012.

1. micheldewit

micheldewit MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2012
    Good afternoon;

I have an Active Directory, spread over 2 servers, DC1 is the FSMO holder, DC2 is the GC, both are in the same site.
    Since we went over from a local exchange server to an external exchange server, we removed the exchange local contend.

Now this is the issue; since we removed the server, we seem to be getting autodiscover pop-ups on our end-users.
    Contact with an exchange expert told me, this is due the fact that Ex2010 adds an ServiceConnectorPoint to the active directory. I have googled the issue, and tried of the many many "solutions", they didnt work.

These are the solutions I tried;

* Manually deletion of the SCP record in the Active Directory using ADSI-edit.
    * Used the Exchange 2010 Set-ClientAccessServer -AutodiscoveryServiceInternalUri to $null
    * Checked and removed any DNS records pointing towards autodiscovery.zetten.biz

It has not fixed anything.

Does anyone have any other solution for it?
    We have no backup of the AD that is stateless of the Exchange changes, since exchange was together with the servers.

2. unreal2k3

unreal2k3 MDL Novice

Nov 18, 2009
    Hi,

From msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/exchange-server-2010/management-administration/exchange-autodiscover-part2.html

Also did you check IIS->Default Website->Autodiscover ?

3. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    Autodiscover looks at DNS first before anything else. It looks at the SRV record for your configured DNS servers which tells it what server to look for the Autodiscover URL at. If people open outlook and when they go to configure an exchange account and it gives an autodiscover error this is probably DNS related. Have you checked the error logs on the Outlook clients to see what the problem points to? Can you post a screenshot of the error?

4. micheldewit

micheldewit MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2012
    I can post the Screenshots tomorrow, as for the DNS; All 3 DNS servers are clean, so its a ActiveDirectory issue.
    It can actually find the Autodiscover site (which then results into an SSL warning, since the name settings are not matching the server it finds), the thing is, we want to get rid of it all together, since we are no longer using Exchange internally.
    Before the removal of Exchange autodiscover pointed to exchange.zetten.biz, after removal to *.firstfind.nl, that while there is no DNS records left (go ahead, try to ping it, it wont work).
    Ill post the pictures of the clients plaqued with this problem.

Pff, why cant they make exchange less intrusive on deployments.

5. carolynjudd

carolynjudd MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2012
    Had the same issue and until now I can't resolve it.