Automatic shutdown every two hours

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by MKADMIN, Jan 19, 2011.

1. MKADMIN

MKADMIN MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2008
    I made the blunder of installing the SP1 RTM of Windows 7 on my activated Win7 Ultimate system. The update happened smoothly but now not only am i getting the "not genuine error" but my system also shuts down automatically every two hours.

I read somewhere that this is MS doing.

Can anyone point me to the correct loader/activation crack for Win7 post-SP1

2. Calistoga

Calistoga MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2009
    How did you activate Windows in the first place?

3. MKADMIN

MKADMIN MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2008
    Windows loader v1.9.5

Got Fix WAT from another forum post here, running it now. Will try loader again once this is done.

Hopefully it will work. Any other suggestion?

4. MKADMIN

MKADMIN MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2008
    OK, the Fix Wat did its thing, and I was able to click Install in Windows Loader. But after restart I again got the "not genuine" error.

ANy help on how to activate this?

5. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. subpsyke

subpsyke MDL Junior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    #6 subpsyke, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
    Loaders and "WAT Fixers" should be considered mutually exclusive. If you install a WAT fix, you should always expect a future update (such as a WAT update or service pack which contains newer WAT components) to break your system.

Remember, loaders are intended to activate Windows, which allows you to install all future updates without worry. WAT "fixes" are intended to rip activation from Windows (usually leaving a gaping wound in your operating system).

7. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Correction there.

'WAT Fix' is a solution I put together to actually fix WAT. It won't remove it or anything, it's simply designed to repair your system files so that the loader or a BIOS mod can work on your system :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Do you mean WATfix by Daz? It leaves OS in healthy state as he designed it to do exactly that. Actually WATfix doesn't rip away anything just puts hosts file to normal and sets services to default as well as runs sfc /scannow which attempt to located any violations and repair. I'm not sure it fixes token restore but that sometimes get's borked as well

9. MKADMIN

MKADMIN MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2008
    Yup that's the one I'm using. It did clean my system, bu8t how to activate it? Like I said upgraded to SP1 recently.

10. MKADMIN

MKADMIN MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2008
    #10 MKADMIN, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
    (OP)
    Hey Daz dude does your loader work on Windows 7 post-SP1?

11. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Yeah it works with SP1 and with all updates too.

You may just need to revalidate the system online. Check out the links in my signature :)

12. gas30

gas30 MDL Novice

Apr 18, 2010
    Thanks, exactly what i was looking for.;)