Autorun Replacement

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by inkmon, Oct 14, 2011.

1. inkmon

inkmon MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2010
    I use Win XP and created a few utilities that use auto starting usb drives. Due to Microsoft changing the autorun system I created a workaround for myself. It recognizes when a new drive is inserted. My main utility I now use it for is a sort of Robo Form and Iron Key on steroids. I am retired and programming is a hobby

Basically the app can be started on boot up or by shortcut prior to insertion of flash drive. It looks for a command file and runs or opens program or any other task required.

I was wondering if there are any out there who would like to beta test it prior to me creating a domain and web site to advertise it. It uses mainly a compiled Autohotkey script.

I am always interested in requests for utilities
    Terry

2. jlgager

jlgager MDL Developer

Oct 30, 2009
    Ill take a look at it! Sounds cool! Just PM me and I will look at it. Also if you are using C# I am willing to help you code it as well!

3. inkmon

inkmon MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2010
    I actually used Autohotkey :). Generally I use Rapidq a VB type language that produces small executable's .
    Programming is a hobby, I used Dos C to program testers at work but it is all for pleasure now. Albeit good pocket money.