Avast: Are false positive viruses in these files: pagefiles.sys and hiberfil.sys?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Reactos, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Reactos

Reactos MDL Novice

Dec 9, 2012
    Avast is a good antivirus?
    I tried Avast from a live cd with the option thorough and detected in pagefiles.sys Patched-Ho.
    Then on another partition I installed windows 7 original iso, downloaded from the Microsoft site with three days of grace to turn and threw the this original pagefiles.sys same virus.
    This Original pagefiles.sys I detected another virus, but Avast and Panda online scans as run by Linux or other I have detected virus. Microsoft has "virus" legal (anti corsairs) that are heuristically detected as virus?:confused:

2. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    Than more than likely your infected with a virus if more than one scanner is detecting a .sys file is infected

3. Reactos

Reactos MDL Novice

Dec 9, 2012
    sorry , only avast detected virus in windows from linux. Avast run on windows not detected virus. (secure mode, booting )

4. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    "If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then its a duck" :stupid:

5. S_A_S

S_A_S MDL Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Would not be the first time that Avast flags perfect legit system files as a virus.

6. S_A_S

S_A_S MDL Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Was talking in general of this Avast flaw ;)

7. Reactos

Reactos MDL Novice

Dec 9, 2012
    Merry Christmas! All.
    Conclusion:false positive or maya virus.
    I download the iso. sha1, sha256, md5 are ok. Format a partition thoroughly. Install windows 7 trial alone without activator, without giving me real serial virus from linux. then install the 100 updates and flash player. Reboot and I came out the other virus on pagesfiles.sys and hiberfil.sys.
    Windows 8 at first I detect virus and not today. Based updated antivirus may read the post.