Avast wifi inspector denotes two hijacked domains in the scan

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jraju, Jun 9, 2017.

1. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Hi, Avast wifi inspector while scanning the network , thro, its tool wifi inspector found two hijacked domains and asked me to change the dns from the Internet service provider to the google dns. Once done, these vulanerabilities are not shown. It lists some two sites are hijacked domain.
    My question is , the domain being hijacked should worry about the hijack or such things. What is the dns has to do with it? Normally if the domain of some sites are hijacked, it is the problem of the domain owner and not the users. I do not know, how my connected dns has anything to do with it? Would any expert say something on this?
    Does that mean that my dns server has been hijacked by those two sites ? Or any third party attacked the domain name to their sites. If any body explain this , i will be happy to learn. Change of dns, does not pose any vulnerability.

2. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Hi, I also looked up in the logs of the scan. It seems that Avast scanner include some websites in their program to run and the result is flashed after each network scan. I did not browse those sites so far. Is there a way of locating them in my pc dnshijack found.png

3. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Hi, No reply from experts . Pl kindly give some solution