Avoid auto app (Asphalt, twitter ecc) install after first boot

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by a0a0, Sep 5, 2016.

1. a0a0

a0a0 MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2009
    Question in title :mushy:

2. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Just uninstall them; that's what I did. How-to Geek has a pretty good article on doing just that. Of course the AU put them right back so of course I uninstalled them again. As stated earlier, and as we were pre-warned, the AU was going to put them back (and add new ones) as apparently Microsoft has a core set of apps they want you to have and will push them on you.

3. dobbelina

dobbelina MDL Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
  4. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    Or just unpin them from the start menu.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #6 PhaseDoubt, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    Are you trying to unpin a tile and it's not working?

EDIT: I just started my VirtualBox Windows 10 Home x64 VM and unpinned every tile from the start menu. If you can't unpin tiles, you've got something going on preventing it.

6. a0a0

a0a0 MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2009
    no, i can unpin the tiles but when I start updates (first boot after format) the apps are downloaded and installed

7. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #8 PhaseDoubt, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    No idea. Once I unpin or uninstall an app, it's gone. So far multiple restarts on multiple machines has not returned unpinned or uninstalled apps. Well, installing the AU brought some back along with a few new ones, but that was expected. But even after the AU update, once unpinned and/or uninstalled, the apps have not returned.

Some how or other (and it's going to take better minds than mine) it sounds like you're doing a restore of some kind and not a simple restart. It is a mystery.

I just noticed you said "format". Why are you formatting anything? Normally a format precedes an OS re-installation or some other process where you need to clear the drive.

Why do you think the apps are being "downloaded"? Disconnect your computer from the internet, do your unpin and "format" routine and see what happens. If they come back then, it's not something you're downloading, it's a local anomaly.

But I'm still wondering why you're performing multiple formats as you seem to be saying it happens every time you format. Formatting more than once should not be necessary and it's not something you normally do over and over.

I could be dead wrong, but are you reinstalling the OS after each reformatting? That would overwrite all your tweaks for sure.

8. stashekmajcherc

stashekmajcherc MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2016
    MSMG is the best solution..run as admin,I allready move more of unusefull apps in my computer

9. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    wasn't(isn't) there a setting in the store app settings to stop auto download and install stuff? I don't have store installed to look, but there used to be at one time.

10. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    Store setting is stop auto update of installed apps, doesn't affect promoted conent

11. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    [FONT=&amp]Not that I could find with a quick look. But some settings are buried several layers down and not immediately obvious to the casual observer and ... I don't use the store.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The odd part to me is the OP’s mentioning of formatting. [/FONT]