Babylon dictionary problem

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by rahbat, Feb 21, 2009.

1. rahbat

rahbat MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2008
  2. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Looks like the icons are simply missing. Maybe the .gif (or whatever) file showing the icons isn't there anymore. Maybe Reinstall would help.

btw: what's the point in 'English-English' translation? :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    What are 'normal conditions'?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. rahbat

rahbat MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2008
    the normal one is that with small icons i pick it from my lap top the abnormal one that without icons i took it from my disk top
    what i have to do to restore the missed icons?

5. rahbat

rahbat MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2008
    i found the solution it is a registry problem just add the attached registry file and th problem resolved.TuneUpUtility program cause this problem when you run registry cleaner.

Attached Files:

• ic.rar
      File size:
      317 bytes
      Views:
  6. websoft

websoft MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2009
    thanks for ur solution, i had it too but one another problem is when use the babylon after closing it completely, firefox browser also got closed immediately.

7. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    English to English

@Ancestor(v) - I wonder if En to En goes something like this:

omphaloskepsis: contemplation of one's navel

adscititious: additional

laconicum: bathtub

steatopygic: having an excessively large butt

mussitation: lip movement during reading

Next time I will post a few examples from my Mandarin to Mandarin dictionary. :D

Monk

8. Morteza

Morteza MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2009
    It really works

Thanks man. I had this problem for a while. your comment eventually solved the problem

9. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    Thank you, I ran the file, it fixed the problem :)

10. riesdepies

riesdepies MDL Novice

Mar 15, 2010
    Thanx Rahbat, seems to work over here also. :)

11. bati

bati MDL Novice

Dec 5, 2010
    Thanks a lot but I still have problems , V (verb) ,N(none) and voice icon disappear and do not work any more

12. rabeeh

rabeeh MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2011
    i am facing the same problem i ran the attached file it didnt fix it
    i have windows 7 86 plz any help it frustrates me so much :O

13. rabeeh

rabeeh MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2011
    i had tune up utilities but i unistalled it then i ran the file can u help me with this rahbat

14. oliver_marcellus

oliver_marcellus MDL Novice

Jan 26, 2011
    thanks

great response, great file. it completely solved my problem, after searching for a solution for several months.
    but if may I ask, what does this registry file does? how did you figure it out?
    again thank you very much!

15. averill25

averill25 MDL Novice

Feb 8, 2011
    similar problem happens to my babylon,

How can I get it resolved,

i51.tinypic.com/2jb2m36.jpg

Thank you in advance.

16. mar56

mar56 MDL Novice

Apr 25, 2011
    Thank you! Reg file contains exactly what is need to fix the issue.:worthy:

17. borisvm

borisvm MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2011
    Ha ha ha. I can't believe it. I tried the file on a version 8.08, after more than three years, and it worked. Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUU! You've been a great hand:biggrin::biggrin:

18. brave38

brave38 MDL Novice

May 7, 2013
    thanks alot it worked for me

19. edee

edee MDL Novice

May 6, 2011
    #20 edee, May 7, 2013
    Last edited: May 7, 2013
    This should be a leson learned for you, these are the type of things that happen when you let 3rd party software "self clean" the registry and the ultimate example on how registry cleaners do more harm than good. This time it was just icons, next time it could be far worse, like your pc not being able to boot.

When TuneUpUtilities first came out some years ago it was great and you would have never heard anything bad about them come out of my mouth but in recent years it has become nothing short of bloatware and most if it's utilities actually do more harm to your system than good.

Do yourself a favor before it does anymore damage to your system, uninstall TuneUp and download and install CCleaner (Free), which also has a registry cleaner but I never use it but it does a lot better job of cleaning your pc of junk which WILL add performance to your pc. Defragging the registry every once in a blue moon is ok, it kinda likes compresses and puts everything in order in the registry, you'll see no performance increase from doing it but is ok to do every once in a while. CLEANING the registry is another thing and unless you are a registry guru I do not recommend it and I would also not trust ANY regisrty cleaning software to "self" clean the registry, mess up in the regisrty and sooner or later you'll find yourself having to reinstall the OS and if you don't have things backed up you'll be up the river without a paddle. Cleaning the registry does absolutely nothing for the performance of your pc, I look at it this way, if it aint broke then don't fix it.