backing up registry

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by implague, Dec 26, 2008.

1. implague

implague MDL Junior Member

Oct 30, 2008
    hi folks i would really like to know before making any changes in the registry hoe to backup our registry need quick reply thanx in advance

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. THC-Mind

THC-Mind MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2008
    And what about....file,export..:eek:

4. implague

implague MDL Junior Member

Oct 30, 2008
    hey i want to backup my entire registry without using any tool does nebady know how to do it without using any third party tool?

5. johnalvin

johnalvin MDL Bios Modder

Sep 3, 2007
    it is already answered by THC-Mind:D

6. zort

zort MDL Expert

Feb 19, 2008
    You didn't say which version of Windows. With XP you can make a restore point, give yourself permission to System Volume Information folder and copy the registry files out. You can't do that with Vista, but Vista does keep some registry backups in its system32\config folder. If you have multiple os's you can backup each others registries by copying the files from each others system32\config.

7. johnalvin

johnalvin MDL Bios Modder

Sep 3, 2007
    as THC-Mind is saying you can backup your registry by typing regedit in the run dialog box in start menu, once you are in the registry editor, click the file menu, then export, then you can select a name and location you want for your full registry backup. this is for both XP and Vista.:)

8. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...