Backing-up windows 7 Ultimate and Speccy specs to determine if windows 8 will run.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by romaurie, Sep 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. romaurie

romaurie MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2013
    I have tried 3 times to back-up my files.Each time it says the folder has "0" files.But when I check the computer properties before and after it has dropped by 12.57Mb.I made a rescue disc and it was 134mB.Both seem small compared to the overall size of windows on its partition.Is this because it is an image?

I have windows 7 Ultimate installed on partition "D".I have formated partition "C" in preparation for windows 8.I wonder if you can tell from my specifications if I will need to upgrade.I'm sure "touch-screen" can't work on this.I have also seen on the variuous sites people are quite disgruntled with windows 8 "ease of use".My sister says she still hasn't figured out how to save her photos.She would never ask on a forum as her son has his own computer consultancy, but even he says he has problems or perhaps issues would be a better description.
    I am a British refrigeration engineer working in Eilat Israel.So sometimes trying to get things sorted for my PC I prefer to check preciesly what's required before approaching a local dealer.There are now two companies on-line based in Eilat that offer a "Build your PC " on line option.You choose what components you need add them to the list to work out options on new purpose built PCs.Now I've been working here 28 years and am a bit out of touch how things are done elsewhere so you're probably familiar with this program.Just that in Israel Eilat it is a "Tax-Free" zone and this program is available in 3 languages, Russian Hebrew and fortunately for me , English.But I still need to know what to put on the list or some recommendations.

I will enclose the link for the place.It actually has 2 shops here are part of a chain throughout the country, so their buying power is considerable and I believe prices are good.It's called K.S.P. on-line computers, Israel incase my link doesn't work.Intel also have a number of factories developing new products.
    Operating System
    Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz 48 °C
    Wolfdale 45nm Technology
    RAM
    4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (6-6-6-18)
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. G31M-S2C (Socket 775)
    Graphics
    SyncMaster (1280x1024@60Hz)
    Haier (1280x1024@60Hz)
    1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT (Undefined) 71 °C
    Hard Drives
    466GB Hitachi HDP725050GLA360 ATA Device (SATA) 49 °C
    233GB Western Digital WDC WD2500JS-00NCB1 ATA Device (SATA) 54 °C
    Optical Drives
    HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS50 ATA Device
    Optiarc DVD RW AD-7170S ATA Device
    Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

Attached Files:

2. WinDev

WinDev MDL Expert

Jul 6, 2013
    You can run Windows 8.0 or 8.1 without any problems.

But, you have a problem with graphic card. See temperature of graphic, it's 71 °C.

3. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    That PC has a general cooling problem. Hard disks are way too hot, everything beyond 45-50° will shorten HDD life.