Backup and Antivirus

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by cyberbot, Jul 7, 2013.

1. cyberbot

cyberbot MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Dear all, i am running a small lab for testing on ESXI 5.1 , i need to know which best software to run for backup and antivirus for protection, firewall i am behind Cisco, Thank you

2. cyberbot

Jul 30, 2011
    Cocachris89 sorry for my post, was quick and short and not clear apologies for this! i managed to have Veeam for VM works great thank you, what i need now is just kind of monitoring software to send warning in case the server has been rebooted or size of C is full or something like this, Thank you

3. BIOSNOIDEA

BIOSNOIDEA MDL Senior Member

Mar 8, 2009
    Antivirus and more

Hi, regarding virus/trojans/firewall and Intrusion Prevention; Symantec Endpoint Security version 12.1.2 is a very good product. I run this on WIN 7, WIN 8 and Server 2008R2 and 2012 Datacentre.
    It incorporates Network Intrusion prevention and security beyond virus and trojans (which is also handled very well) since Symante purchased SYGATE firewall company a few years ago.
    NOTE: This has nothing to do with their home based product called NORTON. This one is a bloody dog and has been like that for a long time.

Hope this helps.

The other thing you can do ( I am not an expert and their product range has grown with lots of features) is look at a company called ACRONIS. They used to be the king of kings for back ups. Their range now is complex.

Good luck !;)

4. cyberbot

Jul 30, 2011
    Thank yu for your contin support, i am already running Symantecn Endpoint proection, and using Cisco firewall and Vyatta, the only thing i still need is the server monitor apps, do you recommand any ?