Backup chrome settings

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Deleted member 993262, May 28, 2019.

How do i do the following with google chrome through a bat file or something related?

Backup all browser settings (general and advanced)
    Backup all site-settings (cookies, notifications, camera, location, microphone)
    > auto force all zoom settings per page to ZERO and keep them there after the page closes
    Backup the spellings check settings
    Backup the download location settings
    Backup all extensions and there saved settings
    Remove all default/standard apps from browser
    Remove all default/standard extensions from browser

Reason = Working with full backup images every time and need the latest settings in a instant back.

1. LittlePro

LittlePro MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Those softwares are totally outdated and do not work.

3. garf02

garf02 MDL Member

Sep 15, 2007
    Register an account to Goggle and sync Chrome with your account

4. I have but it does not do what i want it to do hence i ask here.

5. LittlePro

Jan 19, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Tried that. i have a default account instead of a number but it is over 400 mb big because it copies all of the files.
    So what i would like to know is which specific files to copy using a bat file instead of just copying the entire thing.

7. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    #8 TairikuOkami, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 30, 2019
    You want to backup everything, but you do not want to copy everything, that almost sounds like trolling. :D

Cleanup before backing up, my default profile has 85MB and 68MB goes just to installed extensions, you can not get that smaller, just like installed apps.

My cleanup (clean only, what you want to clean), I am sure, it should work for Chrome as well:
    Code:
    del "%LocalAppData%\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default\*history*." /s /f /q
    rd "%LocalAppData%\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default\AutofillStrikeDatabase" /s /q
    rd "%LocalAppData%\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default\BudgetDatabase" /s /q
    rd "%LocalAppData%\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default\Cache" /s /q
    rd "%LocalAppData%\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default\Code Cache" /s /q
    rd "%LocalAppData%\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default\data_reduction_proxy_leveldb" /s /q
    rd "%LocalAppData%\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default\databases" /s /q
    rd "%LocalAppData%\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default\File System" /s /q
    rd "%LocalAppData%\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default\GCM Store" /s /q
    rd "%LocalAppData%\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default\GPUCache" /s /q
    rd "%LocalAppData%\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default\IndexedDB" /s /q
    rd "%LocalAppData%\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default\Local Storage" /s /q
    rd "%LocalAppData%\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default\Media Cache" /s /q
    rd "%LocalAppData%\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default\Session Storage" /s /q
    rd "%LocalAppData%\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default\Service Value Store" /s /q
    rd "%LocalAppData%\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default\Service Worker" /s /q
    rd "%LocalAppData%\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default\Site Characteristics Database" /s /q
    rd "%LocalAppData%\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default\Tablo Cache" /s /q
    rd "%LocalAppData%\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default\VideoDecodeStats" /s /q

You can always use the portable version and copy it completely with all settings in place.

Attached Files:

8. Chrome hasn't got a portable version. As far is know.

I might try your suggestion see if that helps.
    I have crossechect everything and these folders are not on your list now i don't know if that is because it is chrome or if they are nessacary or not but here is the list maybe you can tell me.

• Accounts
    • blob_storage
    • Extension Rules
    • Extension State
    • Extensions
    • Feature Engagement Tracker
    • JumpListIconsMostVisited
    • JumpListconsRicentClosed
    • Local Extension Settings
    • Managed Extension Settings
    • Platform Notifications
    • shared_proto_db
    • Storage
    • Synch Data
    • Sync Extension Settings
    • Web Applications

• + a load of files

9. LittlePro

Jan 19, 2017
  10. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    You just have to use trial and error. Various settings might have various consequences, like my current cleanup resets notifications (the webpages will keep asking again), but it also resetted one extension, which had settings stored in the cache.

11. MHCGHOST

MHCGHOST MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2019
    LOL

12. no.
    sync does not sync allot of settings so that is a no.

13. MHCGHOST

MHCGHOST MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2019
    I Know That!

14. So you know how to do that without google?

15. cyberloner

cyberloner MDL Member

Sep 19, 2009
    chrome screw all... cannot manage to get it work .... new version have protection kind cannot restore old backup profile at all.... it will auto reset....

16. Walcott

Walcott MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2010
    Probably "CloneApp" can help you.
    Google it...