Backup Image

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by bmb, Jun 16, 2008.

1. bmb

bmb MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2008
    If thr is any problem if i format my hard drive and re-install Vista and install again vista loader for activate ?Why i need backup image of my hard drive?? Or thr is possibility vista not gonna be activate again ???Im littlebit confused about this backup image i mean whts the benifit..

Thanks anyway

2. reginakampher

reginakampher MDL Addicted

Apr 5, 2008
    Here is the benefit. Imagine this scenario: For one reason or another, you decide you are going to reinstall Vista. You would most likely:

1. Reinstall Vista--will require several Restarts.
    2. Activate Vista by whatever means you choose.
    3. Update Vista using Windows Update--will require several restarts again.
    4. Install all the required drivers for your particular machine and peripherals--MAY require a restart for each driver you install.
    5. Install all the software you know you absolutely want for sure such as MS Office, Firefox, Adobe Photoshop, ect.---MAY require Restart for each software you choose to install.

As you can, it takes a lot of time to reinstall the OS to the point where you are ready to do whatever it is that you do with your computer. Also note that each Restart of the OS adds to the time.

Now, imagine this. After step #5, you make a backup image of the hard drive.
    The backup image you just made now includes your ACTIVATED OS, all the drivers, all the Windows update(from that time), and all the software you installed up to that time.

When you decide to reinstall your OS at a later date, instead of going through each of the 5+ steps, just restore your backup image. In one step, you have just completed what it would have taken you 5 steps to complete and saved yourself a lot of time.

3. bmb

bmb MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2008
    #3 bmb, Jun 17, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
    (OP)
    Thanks for reply and very nice and easy explanations but if it is possible to take this backup image into a Dvd ?? and if my OS corrupt or virus effected i mean 100% damage thn wht i have to do??This is possible to bootup from backup image Dvd??

P.s which software is best for Image ( For vista ultimate platform) i have 2 names Acronis True Image and paragon which one is easy to use..pls

Thanks......

4. Larus

Larus MDL Novice

May 11, 2008
    Acronis will be perfect for this task.