Backup Office Professional 2013 Activation

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by Modify_inc, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Modify_inc

Modify_inc MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2009
    #1 Modify_inc, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    I am about to reinstall Windows, and I would like to backup the activation settings of Office Professional 2013.

I am using Office Toolkit 2.5, but under the Backup License tab, everything is greyed out. I cannot choose backup.

I also noticed under the Activation tab that everything is greyed out also, so I can't even click 'Check' for it to check Office.

I can change the Tool type on the drop-down under Activator/Tool Selection, but KMS Service Server is the only one that even allows me to install. Yet I do not want to install any activation, as this copy is already activated. I just want to back up the license.

I noticed under Product keys, I can run 'Check' but it requires you to check each product edition.

I'm also curious why Office 2010 is even in the Product list, it is not installed, at least not currently. I do see a folder, Microsoft Office\Office14, with five dll's in the Program Files (x86) directory. That's it though, no way Office 2010 could run with only those files.

Under Program Files, there is two MS Office folders:
    Microsoft Office\Office15\ 4 files and a Proof Folder that is empty
    Microsoft Office 15\ 5 folders, and 6 files (the 5 folders have many folders and files)

Basically, this version of MS Office 2013 does not look familiar to any MS Office 2013 I have seen before. It runs and performs normally though.

Could this be Office 365, how can you tell a difference? Could this be a x64 installation?

Thanks
    Mike

Update: Just noticed, Office Toolkit 2.5 says, "Supported Office installation was not detected in the system." Does anyone know what versions/editions are not supported?

2. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    If you are using Office Toolkit 2.5 what is the need for backing up a volume activation.

I presume you must be using retail keys and using toolkit for backup.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    to use Toolkit to activate, you would need a Volume edition of Office, for backup? I am not certain, wouldn't think so.

4. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Modify_inc

Modify_inc MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2009
    Thanks for the link. I selected Office Activation Backup, and it says,

Tokens: Error CRC32: Error
    Product key: - - - - (blank)
    License Status: (blank)

Seriously, what version/type/edition is installed on this machine that I cant even make a backup of the activation. Under File, Account, it says, Product Activated Microsoft Office Professional 2013 v 15.0.4569.1508

6. Modify_inc

Modify_inc MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2009
    I am. Didn't realize it was just for volume activations. I just want to make sure the activation is backed up before I reinstall everything.

7. AlexAlba

AlexAlba MDL Addicted

Nov 27, 2012
  8. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Office ProPlus VL and Standard VL are supported.