Backup/Restore on Eee Netbook

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by alwz, Mar 12, 2011.

1. alwz

alwz MDL Novice

Jan 29, 2011
    Hello

On eee netbooks, do they arrive with a backup already made on the computer itself or do i have to make a copy of my own with an external drive?

because i want to do anytime upgrade to higher version than starter 7 but i want to have a copy of the original one.

do i have to use an external drive and make a backup of my own? there's a screen that says backup or restore.

i don't know if restore already works, or i have to make a backup first, now.

please help.

thank you

2. noyod

noyod MDL Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Whether your eee pc has a recovery partition depends on the model; some have while others do not have. To find out if yours has, simply install the free version of easeus partition master, and run it. From there, make your right move.

3. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    I have two and both came with an internal hidden recovery partition and an OEM recovery disks. If yours didn't come with the recovery CD (or DVD maybe), you might want to contact Asus if your literature mentions one. If you have to make your own recovery disks, as with my wife's Toshiba netbook, you're going to need an external optical drive unless you have a very unusual netbook with a built-in burner.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. alwz

alwz MDL Novice

Jan 29, 2011
    in windows managment i see a partition with something like 4.5gb, thats it?

i can use external drive in usb but even 8 is not enough for it.

how can i know for sure if theres a restore already made without restoring?

thanks again

5. staats

staats MDL Member

Oct 14, 2008
    If you have a external dvd burner create a system image using backup and restore in windows. that will backup the hard drive even the hidden partition if your computer has one.

6. alwz

alwz MDL Novice

Jan 29, 2011
    the thing is that i dont have an external dvd drive.
    and even if i had even 8 gig usb drive is not enough for it.

maybe because it tries to make a copy of the current installation after all the programs that were installed?

isn't there a specific answer?
    maybe if i will call the service?

7. 555LE

555LE MDL Expert

Aug 14, 2010
    do not strain
    Use OEM: SLP key desired version. You can always recover from a hidden partition.

8. alwz

alwz MDL Novice

Jan 29, 2011
    555LE,

what you are basicly saying is that there's a backup already made in a hidden partition and i don't need to make any backup of own, right?

9. 555LE

555LE MDL Expert

Aug 14, 2010
    in instruction that is written about the factory settings