Bad_pool_header

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by TonyUK, Sep 4, 2009.

1. TonyUK

TonyUK MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2009
  2. ciucca

ciucca MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2009
    Hi I had the same problem with my system win 7 ultimate BSOD BAD POOL HEADER plus other strange issues.

My system has 4 DDR2 slots all populated with 2 G each giving total 8 Gig.

I added the last 4 gig later, I pulled the 4 gig RAM I added and all BSODs went away. Its been solid for 2+ weeks. I RMAed the memory back to Kingston, waiting on a replacement.

My memory passed memtest for over 12 hours, but it turns out it appear to be the extra 4 g I added. My MB is an ASUS M3N78 PRO.

I guess my point is do not overlook memory issues, even though it may pass the memtests. Good Luck

3. bluetba

bluetba MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    Yes me too - bad ram stick.

4. reikred

reikred MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2010
    Bad_pool_header crash related to CPU exchange?

I changed the cpu from Athlon X2 to Phenom X3, and now I get the Bad_pool_header crash and BSOD soon after each boot. I can login, but within a few mouse clicks the system crashes.

I can't help but think that Win 7 is unhappy about seeing a different CPU.
    Linux is happy to boot and run on the very same system, so I don't think the CPU has suddenly gone bad (it was a spare that had been running for many months in another system with no problems).

My hunch is that this is an activation problem, but I'd love to be wrong about that. Web searches have so far not turned up anything definite on this prblem.

5. dweller

dweller MDL Junior Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Does Task Manager show 3 cores?

What is the device under Device Manager -> Computer?