Baidu

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by lostpassword, Aug 9, 2015.

1. lostpassword

lostpassword MDL Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I see that this is referred to as a Virus. I have several Baidu free accounts and use the Baidu downloader. I think Baidu works very well, and the range of stuff available is huge. I use Windows Defender and MalwareBytes AntiMalware. I have never knowingly had any problems from using Baidu - indeed the hardest bit is pressing the right buttons as I do not understand Chinese. Cannot use Google Chrome now, as it blocks this method of download, rather than Baidu itself. Have to use Firefox, which is nowhere near as good as Chrome on the translation side.

The only times I have been caught recently are on emails from friends, or supposed friends. Not actually installed anything nasty, but enough to cause alarm. I personally think email is a much bigger threat than Baidu, or other Chinese sites. Aliexpress works very well as well as Ebay China. Post and Packing free to the UK for an item costing less than two pounds is remarkable, and never failed to get the goods. The standard of programming on Aliexpress is equal to Amazon or Ebay.

I would be very grateful to know what the specific threats are.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    And what Baidu has to do with Windows 10 except to download from??

Simply posted in the wrong forum!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ElDiabl0

ElDiabl0 MDL Junior Member

May 31, 2011
    When people say "Baidu is a virus" they're usually referring to their borderline crapware apps: Baidu Antivirus, PC Faster, Spark Browser, Baidu App store, etc...

4. Snoopyy

Snoopyy MDL Junior Member

Jul 21, 2015
    #4 Snoopyy, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. bimani

bimani Guest

why do you use the chinese version if you do not know chinese ?

i have never touched nothing from baidu but i am pretty sure baidu products do have an english interface.

speaking for myself...i would never use a software which is in a language i do not know.

6. lostpassword

lostpassword MDL Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Never seen any of these apps - only shows one in control panel - think it is the Cloud Butler BaiduYunGuanjia 5.3.2 - never seen any of the other crapware - nothing in Control Panel apart from CloudButler. The download works extremely well, with automatic restart following a computer reset, without any problems in file.

7. smoker7808

smoker7808 MDL Novice

Mar 15, 2014
    I know this guy. This guy keep posting the Kaspersky keys, I tried once. But I am not sure, if his torrents are legit or not.

8. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    :thinking: