[Basic] Qbasic Visual Basic & Basic

Discussion in 'Mixed Languages' started by 3sidedcube, Jan 23, 2011.

1. 3sidedcube

3sidedcube MDL Member

Oct 1, 2009
    My 12 year old wants to learn programming.

Now I did a little when I was younger on an old BBC micro computer using Basic & on the old Amega1200

but I am looking for Qbasic 4.5 untouched & Vbasic 1.0 or any version prior to 6.

I have Googled But don't trust the sources of the downloads.
    would like a hash check verification or somewhere I can check if that is possible.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BobSheep

BobSheep MDL Guru

Apr 19, 2010
    The problem with older versions of languages such as VB1 (or any version previous to VB6) and QBasic is that they will almost certainly have issues running on today's operating systems.
    You would have more success using something like VB .Net in Visual Studio 2010 Express Edition (which is free) or Real Basic (which you have to pay for).

3. jlgager

jlgager MDL Developer

Oct 30, 2009
    I also suggest visual basic 2010 express edition. I use it for all of my programing. It is very easy to learn and is more up to date.

4. 3sidedcube

3sidedcube MDL Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Thank you BobSheep & jlgager but I wanted something a bit smaller than vb2010 or .net but I have found what I was looking for.
    I have the Qbasic 4.5 disks and vb1.0 disks images
    I also got the pds 7.1 of Qbasic.
    Could not find Quick basic anywhere "It is supposed to be more powerful than the Qbasic as Qbasic is stripped down version of quick basic"

Nostalgia overload :)

thanks all ..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. oRb

oRb MDL Novice

May 21, 2008
    Qbasic runs under an interpreter, Quick Basic compiles to exe.

Have uploaded Quick Basic 4.5 and VB 3.0 here:

www sendspace com/file/egn6z4

(Not allowed to post links because my post count is too low, so i have removed the dots, put them back for a valid URL.)