BD-R Disc Faking Software (exists or doesn't?)

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by BrokenDaily, Jun 23, 2017.

1. BrokenDaily

BrokenDaily MDL Junior Member

Jun 14, 2017
    I have dell datasafe local, and this program is what has the capability to burn the backup of my pre-configured windows 7 copy that was included and installed when I got my computer for the first time; I have a bd-re drive that came in yesterday, installed it, and I planned on using a disc to burn my copy of windows 7 onto there, so just in-case it pear-shapes somehow, I can start over from there; only problem is that dell datasafe local does NOT like BD-RE discs and will only take DVD/BD-R discs, or a USB Drive, but if my computer somehow loses the capability to boot from usb, then CD/DVD/Blu-Ray booting is the only choice; I have a bd-r disc on order from amazon, but my real question is this

I want to know if there's ANY program or way to "trick" my computer into thinking I have a "bd-r disc" in any of my drives, or if necessary, a virtual drive, so when it burns the Win7Backup, either it captures the files that are burning, and makes a copy of them in an easy to use/burn iso file, or lets me burn it on another disc simultaneously; I tried looking for a solution to this years ago, but if anyone can help me, I would be grateful

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    ImDisk Toolkit
    TotalMounter

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BrokenDaily

Jun 14, 2017
    im experimenting with ImDisk Toolkit, seeing about making a fake disc to burn to, but if you know how to do so, may you please tell me in-case before I somehow mess up?

4. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    try TotalMounter
    is too easy, install & you have a virtual recorder
    am not sure if support bd-r drive

5. BrokenDaily

Jun 14, 2017
    #5 BrokenDaily, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    (OP)
    bit of a problem; mounting it with the dvd-rw option doesn't work; it only takes dvd-r/bd-r volumes; and when I try mounting it as a dvd-r, it doesn't let me write to it, its set as read only; plus, at the edit of this post, my computer blue screened on me

so please, instructions on how NOT to get a blue screen with these programs would be nice

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Your idea is a waste of time when recovering via dvd you you are not in windows so you cannot run any of the suggested software

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Seems to be them only way is to use USB instead of BD-XX! Beside of that, BD is more expensive as USB too!

Using a 3.party app like WinToUSB, you would be able to use Windows from within the USB (after boot from it!)! Many other ways available in using USB Flash drives!