Before installing Win 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by albsat, Aug 5, 2009.

1. albsat

albsat MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2009
    Hello guys,

I have two questions before I install win7 and need some advice before I install it.

1) I have already my windows vista and all my data are in one partition. If I do upgrade will the win7 delete my files also (it doesn't work like Linux, right? :D)

2) Would you recommend a bios mod or a soft emulation?

Thnx
    :cool:

2. Busykid508

Busykid508 MDL Guru

Jun 4, 2009
    Bios modification is the best way to go....many loaders, emulators will turn your windows 7 into an RC version by replacing files and such....

3. LiquidSolstice

LiquidSolstice MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2008
    No, of course your files won't be deleted with an upgrade. That's the point of upgrading vs. clean installing.

The best activation methods right now are the Windows 7 loaders by hazar/orbit30

4. 0ldBear

0ldBear MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Upgrading a vista system with win 7 will NOT delete your programs/data etc.

However, you would not be able to easily return to your Vista environment.

IMHO a bios mod is the best way to activate as it would be possible for M$ to block a bootloader but almost impossible to block a bios mod.

That said, a bootloader is much easier and less dangerous for the unsure.

cheers

5. albsat

albsat MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2009
    thnx for clearing my doubts. I wonder, by having about 20-30 programs already installed in my computer, the programs will make slow my coming win 7 install...:SSS

6. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    I've been using Windows 7 Beta and RC since they days they were released.
    In the past I had been using Windows XP and Windows Vista, and I have to say... Windows 7 feels a bit faster/lighter than XP and much faster than Vista. I don't think you'll have to worry about your 20~30 programs slowing you down if you're moving to Windows 7 from Vista.