best activation method

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by piercekalton, Mar 1, 2011.

1. piercekalton

piercekalton MDL Senior Member

Apr 2, 2010
    I've been using DazLoader. is this still the best method?

should I use HAL7600? I'm confused about all the options.

I will be using Win7 service pack 1 ISO

2. Snoopy_garnet

Snoopy_garnet MDL Novice

Feb 9, 2011
    Yes, Newest version 1.9.7

3. piercekalton

piercekalton MDL Senior Member

Apr 2, 2010
    that's what I figured thanks.

4. avindra

avindra MDL Novice

Mar 1, 2011
    #4 avindra, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
    I've had lots of problems with Daz's loader over the course of it's development. The HAL7600 works in general, and also works when Daz's loader fails, so I've switched to it.

EDIT: I'm reading about problems with HAL since the SP1 update. I guess Daz will have to be the one for now. Haven't updated to SP1 yet, will let you know how it goes.

5. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    The loader works with SP1. It acts like a BIOS mod so you get activated without modifying your systems kernel, services or files which means it's pretty much update proof.

@ avindra
    It depends on what DVD media you've used (modified?) and it also depends on the past activation tools you may have used. Not all systems accept the same default settings either which is why we have memory placement options for these difficult systems.

Basically for the loader to work your systems got to be clean just as it would for real genuine activation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. =)(=

=)(= Guest

#6 =)(=, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2012
  7. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    HAL applies modified files from build 7600 of Windows.

If you want something that will stick and restore from any kind of backup image then a BIOS mod is the solution you should try. There's many that have been made now and a lot of them are confirmed as working too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...