Best antivirus free or paid

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by whwebsolutions, Nov 26, 2015.

1. mal1

mal1 MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2016
    According to latest AV test and AV comparatives publications, MSE and WD have come a long way over the past few months. But if you insist on using a third party AV, I suggest Qihoo 360, Avast free, Avira free or Panda free (or even Comodo IS if you're an advanced user). For paid suites, I suggest Norton internet security or Kasper internet security. And you should add an adblock extension to your browser; uBlock origin is the best ATM. And you should also have antiexploit like Malwarebytes antiexploit free. And don't forget to keep your Windows and all programs updated.

2. spidernz

spidernz MDL Senior Member

May 20, 2011
    Been using MalWareBytes + Panda Antivirus working well.

previously was using Avast!

3. Jari

Jari MDL Senior Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Cruel man ... let MS Defender make a job and be a better man :hug2:

4. GoFigure

GoFigure MDL Novice

Nov 29, 2013
    I have several computers and use BitDefender on a couple, Kaspersky on a couple and Norton Security on several. They all do what they are designed to do, protect the computer. I initially used these three to test them since all the systems were Windows 7 originally and I had no problem with any of them so just kept using them on the systems they were installed on. Personally, I don't feel you could go wrong choosing any one of them.

5. ThePrawn

ThePrawn MDL Novice

Jan 15, 2010
    I find AV to heavy ans slow system and network down as if I have a virus. So I run computers without any AV now, except for on laptop I use for email, but not sure I need it on that anymore either.
    You just need be carefull what emails you open and where you browse. I use ff with plugins to stop ads, javascript and flash and enable them on sites I trust.

6. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    I'm still using avast, although some recent reports say that Avast free is not as good as other alternatives.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    The fact is: there isn't any Best AntiVirus (etc.) Apps! Any of those Apps has it's good point's and weak point's! Those differs from Apps to Apps and it's up to the end user to find out which will suit him/her at best! And that applies for Freeware and Payware!!

Just it's recommended to read what others have for experiences with which apps! Important facts are also what else is used on Apps, special system tools etc., if it come to choose which should be used. What's for one user simply excellent, could be for others the worse they ever used!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    well here I have Immunet 3 no problems, very eficient :)

9. lil

lil MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2014
    hi al i'm a silent reader of you community. This time i would like to say that Dr.Web Security Suite really Works good, for experts, novices or your grandpa. We, at home, use it all... and without any issue.

10. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    Hope that MS can push Windows Defender to the new level :)