Best budget AFR Wideband solution?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by x86, Oct 3, 2011.

1. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    Right, this might be waaayyyyyy off topic (even for the Chit Chat section), but given the diversity of members within MDL, thought I d give it a try :wassat:

My idea is to have a constructive discussion / comparison on the currently available top options for digitally measuring AFR:

AFX (NGK)
    SM-AFR (PLX)
    MTX-L (Innovate Motorsports)
    Wideband O2 UEGO (AEM)

Each of those - with the exception of the AFX - come with the 'standard'
    Bosch 4.2LSU sensor. The AFX is supplied with a ... NGK sensor (but is also compatible with the Bosch) :rolleyes:

Key factors for this discussion are accuracy,
    longevity (of the sensor ... & gauge / harness as a whole) and easy of use / practicality (i.e. calibration, output data etc). So judging upon how cool it looks - is n/a for this discussion :excl:

In order to try and get some valid points here, please reply only if you are absolute familiar to any of the above systems I mentioned i.e. meaning that you have to personally owned one for a respectable period of time. That might limit the number of responses, but it's the only way of drawing some useful conclusions about the actual product :pissy:

p.s. I know that the MoTeC is the best - but it costs 1600USD more...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...