Best (free) anti key logger

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by amanda, Oct 14, 2015.

1. amanda

amanda MDL Member

Nov 5, 2010
    I use keyscrambler free but I would like to know are there any alternatives please?
    OS is Win 7 64 ultimate - fully patched.

2. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. amanda

amanda MDL Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Thanks, so is there any other software apart from Zemana AntiLogger?

4. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
  5. amanda

amanda MDL Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Also what are the differences between them? As keyscambler encrypts while surfing the internet (FF or IE 11).

6. amanda

amanda MDL Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Thanks - as I will look into this. :biggrin:

7. revertex

revertex MDL Member

May 30, 2010
    What's the point in use an antikeylogger?

If you don't trust your computer, you should stop using it and restore your latest trustworthy backup, or reformat it and reinstall everything.

If you think you have a keylogger installed, why do you think an antikeylogger will de 100% effective?

And what about hardware keyloggers, there is no software capable to detect or avoid it.

8. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Following your logic no one should:
    1. Patch Windows ever, after all they aren't 100%.
    2. Use security software, of any kind whatsoever, after all hackers or compromised website will screw you.
    3. Afterwards then there's no point to update any software at all, as they never will reach a status of "perfect".

:eek:

9. Palladin

Palladin MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2014
    I tried the free version of Zemana Key Logger and Anti-Malware. There is an option in the Anti-Malware program to run a scan on your system. I tried it, and it only found one problem. It said that my HOSTS file had too many blank lines.

That didn't bother me because I had added many lines to the HOSTS file from threads here on MDL, like Destroy Windows Spying, R29K and others. I also installed the MVPS HOSTS file additions. So the HOSTS file did indeed have a lot of blank lines.

But I figured I'd let Zemana do it's thing. The program completed. I thought it odd that it didn't ask for confirmation regarding what it was about to do to my HOSTS file. When I looked I was astonished that Zemana deleted my customized HOSTS file :confused: and installed the empty default one that comes with Windows. No backup was made either.

Fortunately I had a current backup so it wasn't a big deal. But if I hadn't checked, all the effort I put into customizing the HOSTS file would have been for naught.

So be careful with the scan option when using Zemana.

10. steveoe

steveoe MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2015
    Zemana AntiLogger

It's paid though. Never trust free software! they are camouflaged viruses!
    kk jj