Best laptop In Performance and quality

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by X-MEN, Jul 1, 2010.

?

Best laptop In Performance and quality

1. HP

18.4%
  2. DELL

7.9%
  3. SONY

13.2%
  4. SAMSUNG

5.3%
  5. ASUS

28.9%
  6. LENOVO

15.8%
  7. TOSHIBA

15.8%
  8. ACER

10.5%
  9. ALIENWARE

13.2%
  10. FUJITSU

2.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. X-MEN

X-MEN MDL Senior Member

Dec 10, 2009
    #1 X-MEN, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
    Best laptop In Performance and quality..any suggestions?

hi all,

I am about to purchase new laptop for my office work. i am in a confusing mode as i see so many brands are in the market and struggling to find best and quality brand out of those in market.

I request you all to suggest me any one brand which is good in performance and best in design.:worthy:

Any suggestions;

HP
    DELL
    LENOVO
    SONY VIAO
    COMPAQ
    SAMSUNG..OTHERS:confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. fdjc

fdjc MDL Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Personally I would go with a Sony, depends on budget though.

Lenovo is supposed to be a good business laptop

3. KotaXor

KotaXor MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Personally I would go for Sony Vaio, next would be Fujitsu.
    But I bought a Acer because of budget.

4. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    I would personally go for a Toshi8ba laptop as the build quality and performance are amazing, and you don't end up just paying for the name like the case with SONY.

I had a Sony SZ484N laptop 2 years back which I payed $2700 USD for it costed me double the price of a similarly specced laptop but I ended with a burned LCD screen within just 6 months as the LED screens are not so reliable

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. vdl68

vdl68 MDL Junior Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Go for IBM, it's mainly is built for business, study and reliability.

6. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    I would go with anything but the Sony your going to pay for just the name and get less of what you want but this all depends on what your personal preference and your budget. Take a look at the HP's or Dell's or Acer's to find out what suits your needs. Try printing on the specs on the machine you need with the comparable other brand to go back n forth which should make your life much easier....

7. WCCobra

WCCobra MDL Junior Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Lenovo, but they tend to be more expensive, and I haven't had any problems with HP's.

I don't have too much experience with Compaq, Fujitsu, or Acer to say either way.

8. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Lenovo, HP, and Toshiba.
    In India, that is how the reputation goes.
    With HP, although I bought one for my sister-in-law in March 2010, it was full of bloatware which is included in the price. Lenovo is very good, and has a good service reputation.
    Dell in India is totally sell and forget.
    Go with DOS if you can, and get win 7 for free.

9. Computer Fixer

Computer Fixer MDL Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Not sure if they still build the current models like this- but every "modern" laptop I've worked on makes hard drive replacement/upgrade easy via the use of a small removable door (usually secured by just 2 screws) on the side or bottom of the laptop...... Except Sony!
    In their infinite wisdom Sony decided to totally enclose the hard drive inside the case halfs making it necessary to first remove and disconnect the keypad from the top half- then remove one screw that attaches the top case half to the motherboard, then remove about 20 screws from the bottom case half so you can then remove the complete top case half- before getting access to the hard drive tray. And to boot, once the top case half is removed- you see the hard drive is in the same spot as in most laptops and would have been easily accessible via door/cutout and two screws like on just about every other modern laptop if they had simply made a access door for it! A 2 minute hard drive replacement turns into a 45 min job! Thanks Sony....

Sometimes it seems like Sony just likes to make thing difficult for users to repair/modify after the sale. I remember the early Sony portable CD players back in the mid 80's. Nice piece of equipment until you needed service on it. Even the local Sony authorized repair shops refused to work on them because they were notoriously difficult to take apart and put back together. In the end- they would take your unit in at their shop then mail it back out the next day (hopefully!) to Sony for factory repair because they just didn't want to deal with them.

The model I'm referring to in this post is a Vaio with XP MCE 2005.

10. Computer Fixer

Computer Fixer MDL Member

Jan 5, 2010
    #11 Computer Fixer, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
    I can also vouch for Lenovo...
    I've bought four of them in the last year- three Dual core Athlon's and one Intel based Core i7.
    The Core i7 came with Win7 64 bit OS.... it's amazingly fast!
    The other three Dual core Athlon's just work well all the time- they were under $400 last Thanksgiving.

All modern laptops come with bloatware (HP seems to be the worst) but on the Lenovo most of it's not pre-installed so when doing the setup, just don't install that particular software(s) rather than some brands where it's already pre-installed and you have to actively uninstall it.

11. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
  12. ailef

ailef MDL Senior Member

Nov 30, 2007
  13. shoppingglad

shoppingglad MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2010
    personally i choose SONY AND DELL laptop.
    i have owned a sony before,
    now i change a dell for sony.
    they are all good in performance and best in design.

how about this item :Sony VAIO VGN-AR610E 17" Laptop?

Product Features
    Multimedia studio notebook with 17-inch XBRITE-ECO LCD and 1.3-megapixel webcam
    1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T7100 processor, 200 GB hard drive, 2 GB RAM (4 GB max), dual-layer DVD drive
    Quad-mode Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n); Gigabit Ethernet; Nvidia GeForce 8400M graphics (up to 895 MB of available memory)
    Connectivity: 3 USB, 1 FireWire, 1 HDMI, 1 VGA, 1 S-Video, 1 ExpressCard 34/54. Memory Stick/SD memory card reader
    Pre-installed with Windows Vista Home Premium (with Media Center capabilities)
    Processor, Memory, and Motherboard

Hardware Platform: PC
    Processor: 1.8 GHz Intel Core Duo
    System Bus Speed: 800
    Number of Processors: 2
    RAM: 2000 MB
    RAM Type: DDR2 SDRAM
    If you want to know more details about other item ,you can contact me :
    MSN:electronics-brand@hotmail.com

14. yankeepr

yankeepr MDL Novice

Feb 16, 2010
    i would personally say acer aspire laptops...have one 4 years old still working with windows 7 (vista factory) and now an aspire 6930 1 and a half yr old great for work, normal use and at least for me great for gaming.... it has 4 gigs of ram, 2.0 dual core processor, 250 gig hdd also with win 7 (vista fact) might be better ones out there but cant beat that for 800 bucks (well 1 and a half yrs ago might be less now)

15. MrBeer

MrBeer MDL Member

May 23, 2007
    Asus All the way

16. mingmanhk

mingmanhk MDL Novice

Jun 30, 2010
    Lenovo is good choice

17. mbg19

mbg19 MDL Junior Member

Aug 12, 2009
  18. danny3456

danny3456 MDL Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Definitely for Lenovo for cost/performance!!

Sony - go for its design, brand name
    Dell - go for cheap price, but bad after-sale support (not recommended for commercials just for this reason)
    HP - go for its services, quality is just-made, no more or no less
    Acer/Asus - not bad choices

19. shoppingglad

shoppingglad MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2010
    LENOVO ,DELL ,acer,personally,lenovo and acer have a good reputation for their service after selling and their price is also reasonable .as for Dell,its design is very beautiful .