Best Place to Buy a Windows 7 Key?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by JoBrittain, Sep 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoBrittain

JoBrittain MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2011
    Say one wanted to buy a windows 7 key, without buying the overpriced software with it, where would one buy it?
    I'm looking for a place where I can get a key cheaply that will function as intended, without it expiring or being blacklisted or any of that nonsense...

anyone know? :confused:

2. ricktendo64

ricktendo64 MDL Expert

Apr 20, 2008
    Digital River maybe?

3. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    Nice Try MICROSOFT SPYBOT!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS!? YOU ONLY HAVE ONE POST AND YOU'RE ASKING FOR A KEY!!?? C'MON,GET SERIOUS......:D

4. bmurphr1

bmurphr1 MDL Junior Member

Aug 19, 2009
    NEVER....and I repeat, freaking NEVER buy a Windows 7 CD key only! If anyone is trying to sell you a CD key and a link where to download the ISO to burn, the key 99.99% of the time will be an MSDN key that 9 other people already have a copy of and have used it to activate their own installations. There is only one way you can buy just the CD key over the internet, and that's directly from Digital River and/or the online Microsoft Store. Personally, I purchased Windows 7 Professional using my *.edu e-mail address for this computer (since it uses a UEFI and I'm just too scared right now to try and SLIC mod my BIOS, and I personally think software-based cracks are lame) and only paid $30 USD for it, and the physical genuine Windows 7 DVDs are an extra $13.

By far the cheapest way you can acquire Windows 7 legitimately is to find a friend, friend's friend, or whomever you can find that has a junior/community college/university e-mail address and 'borrow' it to order your own copy. The key provided with the purchase is a normal Retail key that can be activated up to 10 times before you have to switch to phone activation.