Best portable apps to clean spyware, malware, virus, temps files, and optimize the PC

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by MonarchX, Aug 8, 2014.

1. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    I just started working as a technician at a PC repair shop. For now I have to adhere to apps that worked well for the company to clean customers' PC's. These apps are: AdwCleaner, MalWare Bytes, HitMan Pro, and CCleaner of course. However, they still leave crap in startup and don't uninstall some DriverUpdate or similar spyware. The apps I use on my personal PC are: CCleaner + CCEnhancer, Josh Cell UnCleaner 1.7, jv16 PowerTools 2014.

Which portable anti-spyware apps would you recommend for a USB flash drive? Portable, but fully functional Anti-Virus like AVAST or AVG would be good if they can be portable. Maybe there are some AIO Spyware and Virus cleaners (portable)? What other apps would you recommend to optimize a customer's PC that runs Windows Vista, 7, and 8.1? PC's we deal with are usually slow - sub 4GB of RAM, some Intel i3's, but others older than i3's, no SSD's, We have to stay away from ClassicShell and StartIsBack because became confused since they memorized how to do things with Windows 8.1 Metro UI and having the Start Button back messed up their... coordination LOL!

Also - if I were to get a... erm... a fully working, activated, but not erm... registered portable apps then they would have to leave NO TRACE of being run on customer's PC. I guess CCleaner would take care of Windows Log, which could store .exe activity information..??

There are some other useful apps I already picked up from around here - C++ Runtime installer that sets up C++ from 2005 to 2013! That is something good to install on a fresh Windows 7/8/8.1 installation along with Adobe Reader, Flash Player, MPC-HC, and a few other apps. Please recommend! Thanks!

2. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    cmd prompt > format c: :laie:

3. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    That sounds awesome, especially if it can be edited to fit our exact needs!

4. DiamondMon

DiamondMon MDL Addicted

Jul 31, 2009
    drweb.com
    Dr.Web CureIt!
    Freeware

5. software182

software182 MDL Junior Member

Nov 8, 2012
    #6 software182, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
    There's portable version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium on google, try it :)

ah and Emsisoft Emergency Kit is also good option !

6. L0L

L0L MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2011
    will have to come back to this, not the creator of this app, but IIRC, my TL;DR of this is basically

needs windows in safe mode to ensure removal of stuff.
    Tron is a batch script , which can be edited according to needs
    the external windows 8.1 setup isn't ideal as you are single-threaded in repairing a system as opposed to Tron running locally on all the other machines.
    and out of what is missing, you can use WSUS repo to auto-update a machine with patches which can be added to the end of the tron script ;)

any additional comments are welcome into the reddit thread where the owner of the script can give better advice regarding your suggestions :)