best registry cleaner for windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by sukinsin88, Oct 19, 2012.

1. sukinsin88

sukinsin88 MDL Addicted

Oct 17, 2012
    :eek: hi all which program is best for windows 8 ?

on disk fragmentation i use defraggler new version support full win 8

2. Boyfriend

Boyfriend MDL Senior Member

Feb 10, 2010
    The best safe option is CCleaner. It includes crap cleaning from HDD + OS registry. I don't trust any other cleaner :nono2:

Do not use any such registry cleaner which advertise 200% speed improvement after use.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sukinsin88

sukinsin88 MDL Addicted

Oct 17, 2012
    ok thanks ccleaner works :)

4. maverick09

maverick09 MDL Junior Member

May 30, 2012
    Glary Utilities :biggrin:

5. TheMarine

TheMarine MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2009
    I have always used tuneup utilities.:rolleyes:

6. ineedh3lp

ineedh3lp MDL Junior Member

Jan 17, 2011
    I believe registry cleaners are utter nonsense. Some users, in the attempt of cleaning their registry end up breaking functionality of legit software. I advise you would use sandboxing for applications that do not necessarily need to be installed on the main system. For testing purposes, sandboxing and virtual machines are preferred.

True defragmentation and registry cleaning are rarely required and should be avoided completely or used as little as possible. As I said, sandboxing and virtualization is the clean and smart way to go. I would recommend Sandboxie for sandboxing and VMware Workstation for virtual machines.

7. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    Clean install once in while cleans all crap :D

8. lgj1952

lgj1952 MDL Member

Jul 24, 2009
    #10 lgj1952, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
    Yes with a good system image. It takes me only 48 seconds to restore my SSD disk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. ineedh3lp

ineedh3lp MDL Junior Member

Jan 17, 2011
    A fresh OS installation is not always a welcomed solution unless all you do the entire day is chatting and gaming which wouldn't require registry cleaning in the first place anyway. Virtualization is the future and, sadly enough, many do not take advantage of the already existing solutions. 95% of my permanent software runs inside sandboxes because there is no reason to have them installed directly on the host- games, media editing suites, internet clients, you name it, I have all of them in sandboxes. There are no downsides to sandboxing, only a ton of benefits. The only applications that I do not install in sandboxes are security software or applications which require driver installation (like mirroring drivers for certain remote control software, ram disk drivers, etc) or system-wide associations (image viewers, video codecs), but for everything else there is no reason not to use sandboxing.

As many of you already know, sandboxing is not just about security against file-damagin malware, it's also a good method for organizing stuff, keeping track of which files and folders an application uses and helps easily migrating configurations or entire software installations, PLUS: all the registry activity is recorded in separate files, without any impact on the actual system registry, thus no registry cleaning required. If you discard a sandbox, everything it has ever changed (registry-wise) goes away with it, there are no permanent changes of your system.

People should educate themselves on how to keep stuff clean, not on what to use for getting cleaned instantly.

10. Akko

Akko MDL Junior Member

Aug 21, 2009
    cmd.exe
    format c:

11. TheMarine

TheMarine MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2009
    Yup, that'll do it...

12. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    I agree. :)

13. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    So according to you which Sandbox software is best ??

14. Jones111

Jones111 MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2009
    If you really want to have a clean System, use App-V. The offline mode uses only a Network file share (or even a local folder) for distributing and installing apps. Then the App-V Client copies the data and the Software is ready withing a few minutes - normally consiberably faster than the original Setup. App-V can Isolate applications or merge then. Even Office plugins can be used in App-V. If you want to test Office 2013, the download-page of MS distributes a pre-built beta package. Pushing an App to a Client is as easy as this powershell script:

Import-Module AppvClient
    Set-AppVClientConfiguration -EnablePackageScripts 1
    Add-AppvClientPackage '\\{SERVERNAME}\App-V5\Microsoft\Office 2013\ProPlusVolume_VisioProVolume_ProjectProVolume_en-us_x64.appv' | Publish-AppvClientPackage -Global

15. Jones111

Jones111 MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2009
    Not needed

Actually those cleaners can Speed up your System about 10% at the best. In day-to-day use the difference is marginal. If you use a ssd as System disk, I promise that you won't notice it at all. However I've had two or three os installs that had to be redone because of malfunctioning cleaners...

16. Akko

Akko MDL Junior Member

Aug 21, 2009
    The best question is: WHY IS A REGISTRY CLEANER NEEDED AT ALL ???

Answer: The lookup speed in the registry is not affected by its size (anyhow it is small). However leaving some unused stuff in place (size of some few bytes only) eases later (re)installations of software.

17. Leolo

Leolo MDL Member

Jan 23, 2010
    The lookup speed is, in fact, affected by the size of the registry. Remember that some parts of the registry can be paged to the pagefile when they're not in use, and reading them back again from the hard drive is slower than reading them from RAM.

We're probably talking about a minimal impact (so small to be almost unnoticeable) but there IS a performance impact.